PR visa stamp after interview

Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Helloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR visa stamp after interview

Hello all,

I am sponsoring my spouse on an outside Canada class application being processed in Accra, Ghana. We recently received a letter giving an interview date, within a week of receiving a letter stating insufficient evidence to waive interview, but the letter did not specify additional documents required. Anyway we are presently in the USA and would have to fly down to Accra for the interview (really expensive in the summer). Does anyone know if you get the PR visa stamp immediately after a successful interview? Note: we did upfront medicals.

In addition, does anyone know if we supply CIC with further evidence to support application can the interview still be waived?

Thanks.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:37 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR visa stamp after interview

Originally Posted by Helloo
Hello all,

I am sponsoring my spouse on an outside Canada class application being processed in Accra, Ghana. We recently received a letter giving an interview date, within a week of receiving a letter stating insufficient evidence to waive interview, but the letter did not specify additional documents required. Anyway we are presently in the USA and would have to fly down to Accra for the interview (really expensive in the summer). Does anyone know if you get the PR visa stamp immediately after a successful interview? Note: we did upfront medicals.

In addition, does anyone know if we supply CIC with further evidence to support application can the interview still be waived?

Thanks.
You might think about getting the CAIPS record of your spouse to see if there are any clues there. Are you are Canadian citizen?
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You might think about getting the CAIPS record of your spouse to see if there are any clues there. Are you are Canadian citizen?

Yes I am Canadian. However, I do not think there is enough time to get the CAIPS record before the interview (Ends of May).
Old Apr 25th 2005, 6:57 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am Canadian. However, I do not think there is enough time to get the CAIPS record before the interview (Ends of May).
It would not be possible to submit new documents now and somehow avoid the interview. Best thing is to review the documentary requirements as shown in the guide on the CIC's website and make sure you have them all ready for the interview.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

It would not be possible to submit new documents now and somehow avoid the interview. Best thing is to review the documentary requirements as shown in the guide on the CIC's website and make sure you have them all ready for the interview.
Thanks. Assuming the interview is successful is the visa processed soon after, or do we have to wait for a PP request? Would it help if I traveled to Accra with my spouse for the interview?
Old Apr 25th 2005, 7:11 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Assuming the interview is successful is the visa processed soon after, or do we have to wait for a PP request? Would it help if I traveled to Accra with my spouse for the interview?
I dont think u will get the visa right after the interview....
depending on how the visa post works, u will get a PP request letter and then it would be that the visa would be issued..
and ur presence wont affect the working of the visa office anyways. Infact, u wont be even allowed to enter the interview cabin with ur wife.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

On second thoughts, why will they not accept new evidence. They specifically suggested we send any additional evidence and our application will be removed from the interview queue for a second evaluation. The problem is we got the interview letter within 1.5 weeks of the 1st letter indicating interview is required. I spoke to a lawyer and she suggested sending additional evidence because there is still a possibility interview could be waived? Do you think she is just trying to get paid?
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:31 pm

On second thoughts, why will they not accept new evidence. They specifically suggested we send any additional evidence and our application will be removed from the interview queue for a second evaluation. The problem is we got the interview letter within 1.5 weeks of the 1st letter indicating interview is required. I spoke to a lawyer and she suggested sending additional evidence because there is still a possibility interview could be waived? Do you think she is just trying to get paid?
I think it is much too late to expect the visa office to call off the interview.