PR visa questions

Old Aug 29th 2010, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

schnieder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR visa questions

Hello,
I have few questions regarding PR visa / maintaining PR status

1. I know that in order to maintain PR status, I have to be in Canada for at least 2 years in a 5 year period. Does this 5 year period start from the date stamped on my passport, or from the date of issue of the PR visa prior to landing?

2. is it true that after the PR visa is issued prior to landing, I don't have to land in Canada immidiately but I only have to land within a year after the PR visa is issued?

thanks in advance
Old Aug 29th 2010, 5:03 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR visa questions

The clock starts from the time you physically land

You need to "land" by the date stamped on the visa in your passport ( usually a year from the date you had your Meds).

Don't leave it too fine as it isn't easy ( if possible at all) to get an extension. All you need is another volcano incident and you could be in trouble
Old Aug 29th 2010, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nice

Hi

I do believe it's from date of issue and this includes a year to land. There should be an expiry date on visa.

Angela
Old Aug 29th 2010, 8:45 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by robert_masters
Hi

I do believe it's from date of issue and this includes a year to land. There should be an expiry date on visa.

Angela
No, the validity is one year from the date of the medical or the expiry of the passport, whichever comes first.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

robert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nice

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

No, the validity is one year from the date of the medical or the expiry of the passport, whichever comes first.
[/I]

Yep I know it's linked to the medicals but like you say there's an expiry date.

We've already booked holiday to activate visas based on Jan '10 medicals date. Trouble is if people aren't having passport request before Xmas we're stuffed and medicals to re-take!

Lets just hope ours arrive over the next few months

Angela
Old Aug 30th 2010, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

alanw22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got 6 months to land only with Spousal Class outland sponsorship, so it makes it quite tight in terms of landing. Lucky for me I have nothing here really, I lead a very buddhist lifestyle