PR via PNP (old process, not EE)

Old Apr 24th 2017, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

chrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR via PNP (old process, not EE)

Hi, has anyone had any recent experience of how long after "medical passed" their status changed to "decision made" or the actual COPR being issued?

We're currently progressing via the old paper based BC PNP (has been with the federal process since Jan 2016) with medicals done Feb 5th 2017, and status changed to "Medical passed" on the 24th April 2017.

I appreciate with CIC its always a bit like "how long is a bit of string" - but any recent experiences on actual timelines / wait after "medical passed" would be much appreciated.

For information, UK / EU passport holders, and no request for passports Ect expected.

Thanks in advance for any responses
Old Apr 27th 2017, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

chrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: PR via PNP (old process, not EE)

^ in the same boat, I have "medical passed" on application & no other update in what seems like forever ... I did my medical on Feb 15th.

I've heard of people getting their COPR within 2 months from their medical being passed, but who knows?!
Old Apr 27th 2017, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

JasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to behold

Hi, I am also in the same boat. I'm an inland paper based PNP applicant. I had my medical on April 21st and received "medical passed" yesterday.
I have been following those who submitted their paper based applications in early 2016 on another forum and it seems to be a bit of a lottery. Some are getting their COPR within a couple of months and others have been waiting since November/December 2016 after passing their medicals.
Old Apr 28th 2017, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

chrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks both!

i'll be sure to update here if anything changes with ours, to give others at least some idea......

But agreed, seems a totally lottery! - especially as CIC had previously stated that all of the "old" paper based applications would be cleared down by the end of 2016 !
Old Jul 19th 2017, 2:15 am
Forum Regular

chrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the roughchrisflats is a jewel in the rough

Anyone heard anything about their application? Still nothing for me ...
Old Jul 19th 2017, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrisflats
Anyone heard anything about their application? Still nothing for me ...
Ours is currently at 17.5 months, with a quoted average processing time of 16 months.

AOR was 21st Jan 2016, Medicals requested 5th Feb 2017, Meds submitted 11th Feb 2017, Meds "Passed" Early May 2017.

I spent 3 weeks (yes 3 weeks!) of calling multiple times a day before I finally got through to a call centre agent, and got the expected "in process, we will contact you if we need anything"

FYI - if you submit a case specific enquiry / e-mail, these are currently on a min 3-4 week back log to be read / processed for action.

Good luck !!
Old Jul 19th 2017, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

JasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to beholdJasonTFord is a splendid one to behold

Hi, nothing further on my application. Passed the medical in April and my background check remains 'not applicable' on MyCIC. My ECAS just says 'In Process'. I know of some other January and February 2016 applicants who have not received 'Decision Made' or their PPRs. Have you tried applying for your GCMS notes?
Old Jul 19th 2017, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JasonTFord
Hi, nothing further on my application. Passed the medical in April and my background check remains 'not applicable' on MyCIC. My ECAS just says 'In Process'. I know of some other January and February 2016 applicants who have not received 'Decision Made' or their PPRs. Have you tried applying for your GCMS notes?
wasn't aware this was an option! - thanks, GCMS application made, although not expecting a response anytime soon !
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrisro55
wasn't aware this was an option! - thanks, GCMS application made, although not expecting a response anytime soon !
I think I'm going to do that too then, if even just to pass the time aha
Old Oct 27th 2017, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

I've heard terrible "rumors" that decision made on applications around our timelines have been pushed to 2018 ...
Old Nov 1st 2017, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

1ns0uc1ant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrisflats
I've heard terrible "rumors" that decision made on applications around our timelines have been pushed to 2018 ...
Oh I really, really hope you are wrong.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys, just to advise I have just got Decision Made in my ECAS. I received my AOR on March 31st, 2016, and had my medical latter part of April 2017. They are still processing old paper based applications as I am aware of others from January, February and March 2016 getting their Decisions Made and Passport Requests.
I will keep my fingers crossed that you will hear very shortly.

Last edited by JasonTFord; Nov 20th 2017 at 3:54 pm. Reason: Slight amendment
Old Dec 8th 2017, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Got my PPR yesterday. IRCC seem to be clearing their queues for those who applied in the first quarter of 2016. Quite a few others who applied in February/March 2016 got their PPRs this week.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JasonTFord
Got my PPR yesterday. IRCC seem to be clearing their queues for those who applied in the first quarter of 2016. Quite a few others who applied in February/March 2016 got their PPRs this week.
Congrats! Hope I hear some good news before Christmas ...
Old Dec 8th 2017, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks.

Did you get your GCMS notes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.