PR and validity

Old May 29th 2010, 10:55 pm
scb
Just Joined

scb is on a distinguished road
Default PR and validity

We (myself & wife) want to migrate to Canada and we currently hold Australian citizenship.

I did the self assessment test in CIC site and looks like we meet passmark ( current passmark is 67 & we scored 71)
Total Point Score
Your final score is: 71

Here is the breakdown of your total score:

Factor Maximum
Points Your
Score
1 Education 25 = 20
2 Language Ability 24= 16
3 Work Experience 21= 21
4 Age 10 =10
5 Arranged Employment 10 =0
6 Adaptability 10 =4
===================================
Total Score 100 =71
===================================

If we granted a PR, can we just enter Canada, validate the visa and return to OZ for -4-5 yrs?

We want to keep the Canada PR but what are the conditions? and also pls help me to start the applications if we dont wanna use the agent?

Thanks You All
SCB
Old May 29th 2010, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice
Default Re: PR and validity

Points score is a secondary to the eligibility criteria. First you must be eligible to apply, then you must meet all selection criteria and pass mark, finally you must pass all criminal, medical and background/security checks.

Start learning about eligibility to apply here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp

No, you can't leave Canada for "4-5 yrs" after landing. The law requires permanent residents to be present in Canada for at least 730 days (2 years) in every 5 years rolling period.
Old May 30th 2010, 12:48 am
scb
Just Joined

Hi Crazy72,

Thanks for your reply....

I have checked the eligiblitiy and looks like I am qualified and as I know my occupation is listed in NOC and should be fine.

Appriciate your help and let me know if you have any link for starter guide for immigration to CA

cheers
SCB
Old May 30th 2010, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

All occupations are listed in NOC. There are thousands of occupations in NOC and 99.9% of them are not eligible for Canadian immigration under current rules.

To be eligible to apply you must have qualifying experience in one of only 38 occupations listed here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...tions.asp#list

or have an arranged employment (as defined by rules) or be already in Canada for at least 12 months on valid study or work permit.
Old May 30th 2010, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

the big burp is on a distinguished road

the only IT occupation listed in the 38 occupations is
NOC 0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers

I suggest you look at the duties listed under the description and ensure at least half match what you are doing in your job as that will be the most important thing i..e the immigration officer will determine if noc reflects your experience by looking at ur duties regardless of title

as others have said u need to be in canada for 2yrs in a rolling 5 yr period. but it will take a year or so to have ur application assessed
Old May 30th 2010, 1:14 am
scb
Just Joined

Hmmmm Intresting.. ..

I checked here and my occupation falls under this
http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/sea...ng.do?noc=2282

but at the moment those 38 occupations lister has only COMPUTER MANAGER and not sure whether mine falls under that or not.

Anaway thanks for your info
scb
Old May 30th 2010, 1:20 am
scb
Just Joined

Hi Crazy72,

As explained my wife is working as account assistant in Australia.

Looks like her skills listed in those 38 occupations listed in the Canada skill required list.

Can she be main applicant and me as secondary applicant?

do you use IM?
MSN/talk/yahoo?

Pls let me know
scb
Old May 30th 2010, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

the big burp is on a distinguished road

it doesnt matter who the main applicant is, but you should make sure that the main applicant has sufficient points i.e. 67 points or more

(im unsure when doing the point test online if it was based on you or your wife as main applicant)
Old May 30th 2010, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scb
Hi Crazy72,

As explained my wife is working as account assistant in Australia.

Looks like her skills listed in those 38 occupations listed in the Canada skill required list.

Can she be main applicant and me as secondary applicant?

do you use IM?
MSN/talk/yahoo?

Pls let me know
scb
As the big burp already said it doesn't matter who will be the principal applicant, as long as the applicant is eligible to apply, meets selection criteria and pass mark and both of you pass all criminal, medical and background/security checks.

It is also not very relevant (if at all) what your wife's skills or job title are. What counts are the duties she performs. In order to be eligible to apply under NOC 1111 she must be able to prove that she had within past 10 years at least 12 months of full time (or full time equivalent) work experience performing more than half of main duties listed in NOC 1111 here:

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...spx?val65=1111

No, I don't use yahoo/msn/talk or any other IM.