PR travel history

Old Nov 26th 2020, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Canadaherewecome5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile PR travel history

Hi All - we have just been invited to apply for PR and are completing our forms. Any advice on the Travel history section appreciated! We have lived in 3 countries in the last 10 years and travelled back and forth to the UK. Along with holidays, trips into Europe, my husbands business travels worldwide etc. HOW are we supposed to remember everything? And what if we can't - do we just do what we can and hope for the best??....

Thanks!
Old Nov 26th 2020, 4:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR travel history

Just put down what you can, to the best of your ability. So check old passport stamps, photos with date stamps, emails with flight tickets on, if you have an account with websites like Expedia etc, then you can check the dates of previous trips on there. If your husband travelled for business then get him to check his business diary. Etc, etc, etc. Just try and find them as best you can.

HTH.
Old Nov 26th 2020, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Canadaherewecome5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much!
Old Nov 26th 2020, 7:10 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You may be able to get the last 5 years of exits / entries records by doing a subject access request. https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nd-immigration
Don't forget to keep a copy of the forms, in case you have to resubmit any of them at a later stage (background forms are often requested to be updated - requiring you to resubmit the information already provided and updated).
It used to be that they required the information back to the age of 18, hopefully they have stopped requesting that now.

Old Nov 26th 2020, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond reputeStumpylegs has a reputation beyond repute

One thing which helped me hugely - If you use android phones (may work with google maps on apple, but don't know) - open up google maps, click on timeline, then select world - it will give you a list of every "city" (lists towns/villages etc) in every country you've visited and when. This gives you a good idea of trip dates etc and will help jog your memory and typically if you click on the "city" will have logged you at the airport both for arrival and departure, getting you in and out dates.

Its probably not going to help you work out whether you had a city break in 2010 or 2011, but may help your husband work out which week he went on that business trip and the order of it in the last 3-5 years.

Old Nov 29th 2020, 8:36 am
Rhe
Forum Regular

Rhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond repute

I had to do the same for a Russian travel visa a short while ago and had the same issue of lots of holidays and lots of business trips - I actually used my google photos. Similar to the above suggestion of google maps but I've got all my photos on there dating back to 2007 and they're all date stamped so it was really helpful.

Best of luck!