PR from TR

Old Jun 9th 2020, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

DavidW24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR from TR

I am currently half way through a 3 year temporary resident work permit and now interested in attaining PR status. As such, I’ve done some investigative work regarding how to do that, however I’ve found that the CIC website is quite confusing as to what I need to do!
Has the UK gov made any helpful documents for this process for UK citizens?
Or is there another thread someone could advise to read through?
Another question I have is - would anyone advice speaking to an immigration lawyer, and if so how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 9th 2020, 11:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR from TR

Without knowing a bit more about you it becomes hard to guide you. Are you a skilled worker ie what is your NOC code? If not are you a skilled trade worker again NOC code. Dependent on those that opens up Federal Skilled Worker Express Entry or Federal Skilled Worker Express Entry. If neither of them then perhaps Canadian Experience Class under Express Entry.
We need more details about your qualifications and what it is your are now doing as work on your work permit.
You also might be eligible for nomination by a Province if none of the 3 above apply to you.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...igibility.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ees/works.html
Old Jun 10th 2020, 12:04 am
Just Joined

DavidW24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a degree qualified design engineer for a construction company. My work permit is closed to that company, within all Canada.
Old Jun 10th 2020, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to think your NOC is 2131 which includes construction design engineer Skill Level A as found in the link below

https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/Noc...KXgyG%2BX%2Fvw

Based on your last post you are probably eligible for the Canadian Experience Class

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nce-class.html
Old Jun 10th 2020, 8:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidW24
I am currently half way through a 3 year temporary resident work permit and now interested in attaining PR status. As such, I’ve done some investigative work regarding how to do that, however I’ve found that the CIC website is quite confusing as to what I need to do!
Has the UK gov made any helpful documents for this process for UK citizens?
Or is there another thread someone could advise to read through?
Another question I have is - would anyone advice speaking to an immigration lawyer, and if so how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks in advance
I personally wouldn't advise speaking to an immi lawyer unless you have complicated circumstances (criminal record, medical issues etc). Your application should be fairly straightforward, and it's actually pretty easy.

The UK government hasn't produced any documents, their citizens applying to emigrate abroad is nothing to do with them! It's the Canadian government that have the info you need. Have you taken the eligilbity test on the CIC website? That's usually the best place to start, you're probably getting confused because you're looking at lots of different visa routes, so you need to narrow down which you'll apply for first. So try that as a first step - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html

Let us know what it says and then we can try and help you further. The Wiki on this forum is also very helpful and written for laypeople, so if you've not discovered that yet, that's worth a read.

I'd also advice you try and get cracking with this asap, as you don't have long left on your TWP and I'm assuming you'd ideally like to have PR status before that expires?

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 10th 2020 at 8:37 am.