Pr status and sponsership

Old Sep 26th 2010, 5:07 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 5
seany3533 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pr status and sponsership

Does any body know if we get pr status in Canada how long we have to wait before we can sponsor our daughter and grandchild and how long would the process take? Many thanks

Sean
seany3533 is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2010, 5:13 pm
  #2  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pr status and sponsership

Hi

Originally Posted by seany3533
Does any body know if we get pr status in Canada how long we have to wait before we can sponsor our daughter and grandchild and how long would the process take? Many thanks

Sean

1. First question is your daughter sponsorable? Is she under 22 single/never married/Not in a C/law relationship, if not she is not sponsorable under the Federal program.
2. If you intend to reside in one of the provinces which has a "sponsor" category under their PNP program, then most require that you have resided there for at least a year.
PMM is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2010, 5:17 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 5
seany3533 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pr status and sponsership

Hi we plan to go to Alberta our daughter will be 22 in December she has a baby 2 weeks old no relationship with the father. Do you know an estimate of how long sponsorship may take?

Thanks for the reply
seany3533 is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2010, 6:41 pm
  #4  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,025
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pr status and sponsership

Originally Posted by seany3533
Hi we plan to go to Alberta our daughter will be 22 in December she has a baby 2 weeks old no relationship with the father. Do you know an estimate of how long sponsorship may take?

Thanks for the reply
Was she not on your application originally? Unfortunately, as PMM said, you cannot sponsor her under the Federal program if she's over 22.

Alberta used to have a Family Stream under their PNP, but that has been suspended. It may be reintroduced when they've cleared the backlog a bit, but processing time was approx 4 years, and you'd have to be living there for 2 years before you can apply. So even if they do start the program again (and they may scrap it altogether) it'll be 6 or 7 years before your daughter can join you going on past processing times.

Any chance that she'd qualify for a visa in her own right if she wants to join you?
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2010, 8:51 pm
  #5  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pr status and sponsership

hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Was she not on your application originally? Unfortunately, as PMM said, you cannot sponsor her under the Federal program if she's over 22.

Alberta used to have a Family Stream under their PNP, but that has been suspended. It may be reintroduced when they've cleared the backlog a bit, but processing time was approx 4 years, and you'd have to be living there for 2 years before you can apply. So even if they do start the program again (and they may scrap it altogether) it'll be 6 or 7 years before your daughter can join you going on past processing times.

Any chance that she'd qualify for a visa in her own right if she wants to join you?
If she was under 22 not in a c/law relationship, I have no clue why the OPs didn't include her in their application.
PMM is offline  
Old Sep 28th 2010, 4:00 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 63
anewPR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pr status and sponsership

Agrees with PMM......this is kinda odd.
anewPR is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.