Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

pr spouse questions help really needed

pr spouse questions help really needed

Old Jan 11th 2010, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

zoec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pr spouse questions help really needed

Hi

So i have a few more questions regarding my PR spouse sponsorship Outland. I'm hoping to get the application sent off on wednesday 13th but we'll see!i keep on getting stuck!

1)When you write the date that you entered into the common law relationship is that the first day that you started living together OR as we've been living together for a year is it the date which would be a year later?

2)for the sponsors application to sponsor and undertaking- question 8.a) date common-law relationship started that is when the common law relationship started right not when we first started dating?

So yeah im just confused as to what date to put--- when we started living together, or the date which would be a year after living together which would make it common-law?

3) Years of Formal education? does that include Secondary school and primary or just university onwards?

4) for the additional family information, i obviously put my boyfriend down on that section right as hes my commonlaw partner?

5)i have listed all the months of what ive been doing since i was 18, some of those months i was travelling, under city and country do you put where you travelled or leave that blank? secondly i worked in banff for 6 months, after that for two months i travelled then i returned home. i dont know what to put for those two months as an address? shall i just put my home address? it'll just look weird if i was travelling but living at home as i was still in canada and the U.S.

6)when it asks for the dates to and from, well when you are currently still doing the certain activity do you leave the TO section blank?

7) for the application for permanent residence in canada, question 17, it asks for your email address and then says by indicating your email address you are herby authorizing CIC to transmit your file and personal information to this specific email address. does that mean they will never mail you stuff?do most people include theirs?

8)last question!! For the sponsored spouse questionnaire for question 27 have you and your sponsor lived together, then give dates of periods of cohabitation do you just put the continuous time that you've lived together? me and my boyfriend have lived together for a year continuously, however for the past 3 summers we lived together at his parents cottage and in an apartment in hamilton. and then i would leave and go back to england for university.my parents and his parents mention this in their letters regarding our relationship, so shall i add this to this section? or just put down the dates of this past year? again though as we are still living together what do i put in the TO section? leave it blank? although i do see the next question says are you currently living with your sponsor...

I realise some of these questions might seem silly or obvious, ive been staring at them forever maybe thats why, but i just want to make sure that i'm doing it right, and you guys are the best to ask since you've been through it and i dont have anyone else to help me with it. my boyfriend seems to enjoy not helping me with this massive headache so its even more of a stress!

anyways i appreciate any help!!!

Zoe
Old Jan 11th 2010, 1:51 pm
Future Albertan

Kaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond reputeKaye. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pr spouse questions help really needed

I am NOT an expert, and I have not been through this process, however, below is my opinion on your questions.

1 - I don't understand why you would put the date a year after you moved in together? That's not the date you moved in together (ie entered into the common law relationship) Answer would be the day you moved in together.

2 - same as above.

3 - I would imagine it would be all years of school.

4 - additional family I assume would be children

5 - the months you were travelling, enter the countries you were in. DO NOT LEAVE ANY SPACES BLANK.

6 - put PRESENT

7 - if you put in your email address you will likely be emailed most of the correspondance, thus elimating the however many days postal delay. I think most people put their email address in.

8 - enter all dates you have lived together.

I'm sure an expert will be along soon to confirm or deny my answers.

HTH
Old Jan 12th 2010, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

zoec is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks so much for your help! yeah i think ill do most of what you said, though i do know that additional family information is not children thats for another form. plus i dont have any! thanks again, appreciate it
Old Jan 12th 2010, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

duncanspilaweller is on a distinguished road

My Application is currently processing so don't take my advice as certain, but..... I had similar confusions with the above mentioned questions and they way i got around it was just to put for example Q1. I put the date that we started dating and then on a separate sheet added some extra information classifying that the date written on the form was the date we entered into a relationship, however, we moved in to shared residence on xx/xx/xx.

If you have any doubts over any of your answers then just make sure to add some additional notes and over-explain everything. it wont do you any harm to repeat dates, information throughout your application.

Like is said, my application hasnt been approved/rejected yet but my medical results have been received and after an email from London my application is apparently with an immigration officer awaiting final review - whatever that means!

good luck and hope i could help.
Duncan
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Kynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really nice

That's basically what we did. If i had ANY doubt about what they wanted, I simply wrote "see attached sheet labelled xxxx" (xxxx being the immigration form number followed by "additional information"). On that sheet, I explained the situation. From there it was up to them as to which date etc they wanted. I can happily say my common-law husband's application went through without a problem.