PR Spousal - Option C Printout??

Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

jennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nice
Default PR Spousal - Option C Printout??

Hello!

Anyone living in the UK know how I can get this printout? The number listed on the document checklist is a 1-800 number that cannot be accessed from outside of North America.

I don't think it's something that you get when your tax return is filed... I believe it is something that has to be requested...

ugh... something else to slow this application down! :curse:
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:30 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice
Default Re: PR Spousal - Option C Printout??

Originally Posted by jennybroon
Hello!

Anyone living in the UK know how I can get this printout? The number listed on the document checklist is a 1-800 number that cannot be accessed from outside of North America.

I don't think it's something that you get when your tax return is filed... I believe it is something that has to be requested...

ugh... something else to slow this application down! :curse:

If you have never filed a tax return in canada you don't need it just write a letter to go in your application stating that you haven't put in the printout due to that fact that you haven't filed a tax return

Regards

Steve
If you have filed a tax return try using a skype phone (VOIP-internet phone)as it should then register as a canadian number
Old Feb 10th 2008, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

jennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nicejennybroon is just really nice

Thank you for your reply. I will try skype tomorrow. Just wondering how other Canadians living here got theirs? I filed a tax return last year, so it shouldn't be a problem to get one... but I'm just wondering if it's necessary to wait to receive this, or if I should just include a letter?

Originally Posted by steved61
If you have never filed a tax return in canada you don't need it just write a letter to go in your application stating that you haven't put in the printout due to that fact that you haven't filed a tax return

Regards

Steve
If you have filed a tax return try using a skype phone (VOIP-internet phone)as it should then register as a canadian number
Old Feb 11th 2008, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

ptomlin01 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is another very informative site called www.settlement.org (not as good as this one though ) and go to the immigration and citizenship page.

It appears to be especially aimed at Ontario immigration. There are lots of posts on there which you might find helpful on the subject of the option c printout.

There seem to be conflicting views as to whether you need to include it or not.

It does take a couple of weeks to arrive once you order it.

Last edited by ptomlin01; Feb 11th 2008 at 7:55 am.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:07 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

All those "conflicting views" are irrelevant, sorry. Checklist (IMM 5491) clearly says in section 17:

An original "Option C Printout" of your and your co-signer's last Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year.

It is not optional, it is required. Many other documents not even listed in above form are also required, for example proof of relationship, how it started and developed and that it is a bona fide relationship. As well as case and circumstances specific evidence that cannot for obvious reasons be itemized for millions of unique circumstances. You don't see it in the checklist, do you?

Only if you are not a Canadian tax resident and don't file tax returns you don't need to include Option C printout nor Notice of Assessment - but then you must explain and document that you are a non-resident for tax purposes.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

I was successful in requesting this printout. To do this I called one of the numbers listed here: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/contact/international-e.html

The associate I spoke with offered to fax me a copy, but I chose to have one mailed instead. He said that I can call again if I want one faxed.

Does anyone know if a fax would be acceptable? I've heard that it's something that they just printout on the spot for you if you request it in person... I know that Mr. Miller said that it had to be the 'original' so I'm assuming I'll have to wait for the mailout.

Jen
Old Feb 11th 2008, 1:01 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jennybroon
I was successful in requesting this printout. To do this I called one of the numbers listed here: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/contact/international-e.html

The associate I spoke with offered to fax me a copy, but I chose to have one mailed instead. He said that I can call again if I want one faxed.

Does anyone know if a fax would be acceptable? I've heard that it's something that they just printout on the spot for you if you request it in person... I know that Mr. Miller said that it had to be the 'original' so I'm assuming I'll have to wait for the mailout.

Jen
I'm glad you managed to sort it out, good luck for the future

Regards

Steve
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute

My hubby has been in the UK since 2002, we wasnt sure how he stood with this printout, and found some paperwork from 2005 from canada customs and revenue agency,(statment of account). There is a number on this for the International tax services office based in Ottawa. The telephone number is
(613) 952 3741. Hubby called them today and asked for the a option c printout. Nice lady had put it in the out box as he was speaking to her, she though couldnt give us an estimate on how long it would take to get to us.
If we dont receive it by next Monday, we are sending off the application with a letter stating its on its way, and we will send it to London when received.
Hopefully they will accept this and not return the entire application to us.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:00 pm
rolling uphill

edsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud of

A brief follow-up to this: would it be enough for my wife (the sponsor) to include our US tax return for 2007, and say in a covering letter that she has requested an Option C printout showing that she last paid taxes in Canada in December 2003 (when she last lived there), and will send it as soon as she receives it from Canada Revenue Agency?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:36 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

No, it won't be OK - application must be submitted fully completed. Incomplete package will be returned ~30 days after submission, when it is opened.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Rixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond repute

Just for those who are in between the UK tax system and Canadian Tax system or still in the UK system. You only need your sponsor's option C not yours. Otherwise how would long term visitors would be able to apply for PR
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:20 pm
rolling uphill

edsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud ofedsask has much to be proud of

Thanks, Andrew.

However, I'm still a little unclear on one point. In IMM 5491E (Checklist) it says that CIC requires:

"
An original "Option C Printout" of your and your co-signer's last Notice of Assessment for the most recent taxation year."
My wife was last taxed in Canada in December 2003 (when she moved to the US, which is where we are at the moment), and she's having a printout sent to her today. We'll of course be sending that with our application. Should we also enclose a covering letter explaining the situation?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:51 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

Andrew, we are in a similar position. My wife has a T1 General Form (Income Tax and Benefit Return Form) from her last taxed year 2003. it provides full breakdowns of her wage, taxes, etc for that year. Is that acceptable, or would we have to wait for the Option C Print out?

as I say it is a full and comprehensive breakdown of her taxes, but I suppose if they are asking for a SPECIFIC form we'll have to wait.

haha, I kind of answered that myself!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

techwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant future

Here is my take on it -

My wife has been over here since 2003, and so subject to the UK taxation system since then.

When we put in our forms for her to sponsor me to enter Canada, she submitted copies of UK P60 forms showing how much she had paid in tax in the UK. She also enclosed a letter to say that she had not worked in Canada for a number of years and so could not provide an Option C print out.

The application was processed and the forms sent on to the CHC in London, so I think each case may be taken on its own merits.

GW
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Rixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond repute

I think your right about treating each case on its merits.
I also it doesnt really matter how much your earned, it more downto the person who is sponsoring you as they have to take the hit for 3 -5 years if you become unemployed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.