PR Sponsorship withdrawal

Old Jul 3rd 2010, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Rixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR Sponsorship withdrawal

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can answer this.
I've had my PR since 2008 and now my sponsor wants to withdraw her support.

Can I lose my PR?
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice
Default Re: PR Sponsorship withdrawal

If you are already a PR (landed etc.) then what sponsor does doesn't matter anymore. Providing of course that relationship was a bona fide one to start with and you didn't use your sponsor for the sole purpose of immigration. CIC is pushing changes to immigration rules making it somehow easier to deport those who "faked" the relationship.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Presumably you have already landed here though. I guess you must have because I think you only get a year from granting of PR to actually arrive. But if you are here, a cardholder, then you won't have an issue. If that were the case then a whole lot of truck drivers would have had to go back by now...
Old Jul 4th 2010, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Rixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond reputeRixy has a reputation beyond repute

cheers bobthedog
Yeah I landed straight away. I was hear for 3 years in the relationship before pr. So i tihnk I'm bona fide. Lookking forward to citizenship app in Nov this year.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Then even if the sponsor tries making waves you can prove no wrong intent. The total time you have spent here is sufficient anyway. That's good. I always think that people pulling stunts like they seem to be doing with you is the lowest of the low- pure spite.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 6:55 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rixy
cheers bobthedog
Yeah I landed straight away. I was hear for 3 years in the relationship before pr. So i tihnk I'm bona fide. Lookking forward to citizenship app in Nov this year.
As far as I can tell the sponsor has agreed to support you for 3 years

You must provide financial support for a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner for three years from the date they become a permanent resident.
They can't withdraw their sponsorship once you have PR
Old Jul 4th 2010, 7:47 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rixy
my sponsor wants to withdraw her support.
As Fleder said, they cannot withdraw their sponsorship obligation once you have obtained PR. They are on the hook for three years. Presumably they signed the CIC Sponsorship Agreement, they may want to re read it.

If it was work related and you got PR on the back of a job offer, losing the job won't matter as regard to PR.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

It could if you were not already landed though. A couple of guys have had to quickly find another job offer after a certain firm pulled the rug out. That was why I asked if the OP were already landed..
Old Jul 4th 2010, 10:39 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobthedog
It could if you were not already landed though.
If you are not landed, you have not got PR, all you have is a PR permit until it is activated.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 6:50 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobthedog
Then even if the sponsor tries making waves you can prove no wrong intent. The total time you have spent here is sufficient anyway. That's good. I always think that people pulling stunts like they seem to be doing with you is the lowest of the low- pure spite.
I second that - they just feel the need to ruin someone else's life to confirm their controlling tendencies.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Aviator
If you are not landed, you have not got PR, all you have is a PR permit until it is activated.
True enough but once you have done the paperwork and paid the money, and once you have the permit that gets signed and stamped then you are a Permanant Resident in all but actual prescence. A couple of drivers got granted their PR before they started working thanks to difficulties winding up their affairs in the UK and the company pulled the job offer at the 11th hour.

It was, I suppose, fortunate for them that they knew enough people online in order to get new job offers which enabled them to enter Canada. Without the new offer of employment they would have been stuffed.