PR Saga

Old Jul 4th 2005, 1:05 am
Just Joined

xcentric is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Saga

Inland Spousal Application - Married to a Canadian citizen.

CPC-VEGREVILLE
Received application for permanent residence on December 03, 2003.

Started processing application on January 30, 2004.

Transferred application to the local CIC office on March 29, 2004. The local CIC office may contact you. The local CIC will now continue to process the application

CIC-OTTAWA
Received application for permanent residence on March 29, 2004.

Started processing application on March 29, 2004.

FIRST STAGE OF APPROVAL
Received April 6,2005 (From Ottawa CIC)

Was told in the letter, “All statutory requirements have been met.� Except for medical. I did do the medical before but since it has expired I had to do it again.

Did medical again on April 8, 2005

Today is July 4, 2005.
Can anyone please tell me that... I will get my PR very soon? Is eveything over yet? Is CIC done anal-eyesing me yet? Or If I hit the bucket should CIC be held responsible?

Xcentric
Old Jul 4th 2005, 1:32 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Saga

Originally Posted by xcentric
Inland Spousal Application - Married to a Canadian citizen.

CPC-VEGREVILLE
Received application for permanent residence on December 03, 2003.

Started processing application on January 30, 2004.

Transferred application to the local CIC office on March 29, 2004. The local CIC office may contact you. The local CIC will now continue to process the application

CIC-OTTAWA
Received application for permanent residence on March 29, 2004.

Started processing application on March 29, 2004.

FIRST STAGE OF APPROVAL
Received April 6,2005 (From Ottawa CIC)

Was told in the letter, “All statutory requirements have been met.� Except for medical. I did do the medical before but since it has expired I had to do it again.

Did medical again on April 8, 2005

Today is July 4, 2005.
Can anyone please tell me that... I will get my PR very soon? Is eveything over yet? Is CIC done anal-eyesing me yet? Or If I hit the bucket should CIC be held responsible?

Xcentric
Background checks are the usual reason for such delays in your category. It is hard to predict just when you might receive the call since there is so littke detail in your post. CIC would expect to finalize within the validity of the new medicals when they issue the instructions for them.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 1:34 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply Jim. Well as far as the details go..I came here with a visitor's visa (TRV) not a (TRP) from the US. I got a bachelors degree and couple of years of valuable work experience. I am eligible in the skill category as well. AND Investment category(might I add) if I chose to borrow some money from my loving parents BUT I chose to apply in the spousal category, as logically that should be processed faster.

BUT CPC pushed my file to CIC as I had 2 petty misdemeanors in the US over 5 years ago. NOW if they are trying gimmi a "INADMISIBLE" tattoo. How did I get admitted here in the first place? AND not just once this is the 4th time! AND every time I had mentioned that I had those in my records! I did not hide anything! Now in "US ENGLISH" - "INADMISSIBLE" means - Can not be admitted? How can I not be admitted when I was admitted 4 times in a row? And what’s funny is, after doing a lil research I found out that:

""""
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/I-2.5/64352.html#rid-64392
11. (1) A foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations.The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act

""""

AND HENCE THERE SHOULD BE NO GROUNDS FOR ME TO BE INADMISSIBLE. RIGHT PEOPLE?

On top of that for these silly things how many citizen's spouses have been deported in the past anyway? I bet the # is "0". So my question to you nice, hardworking people out there is..why do we- ordinary people have to suffer so much?? People are running countries with the same thing I have in my record for crying out loud- I guess I should start a whole new forum to find a cure for this kinda problems...and drink to that!! ~LOVE
Old Jul 18th 2005, 2:07 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xcentric
Thanks for your reply Jim. Well as far as the details go..I came here with a visitor's visa (TRV) not a (TRP) from the US. I got a bachelors degree and couple of years of valuable work experience. I am eligible in the skill category as well. AND Investment category(might I add) if I chose to borrow some money from my loving parents BUT I chose to apply in the spousal category, as logically that should be processed faster.

BUT CPC pushed my file to CIC as I had 2 petty misdemeanors in the US over 5 years ago. NOW if they are trying gimmi a "INADMISIBLE" tattoo. How did I get admitted here in the first place? AND not just once this is the 4th time! AND every time I had mentioned that I had those in my records! I did not hide anything! Now in "US ENGLISH" - "INADMISSIBLE" means - Can not be admitted? How can I not be admitted when I was admitted 4 times in a row? And what’s funny is, after doing a lil research I found out that:

""""
11. (1) A foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations.The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act

""""

AND HENCE THERE SHOULD BE NO GROUNDS FOR ME TO BE INADMISSIBLE. RIGHT PEOPLE?

On top of that for these silly things how many citizen's spouses have been deported in the past anyway? I bet the # is "0". So my question to you nice, hardworking people out there is..why do we- ordinary people have to suffer so much?? People are running countries with the same thing I have in my record for crying out loud- I guess I should start a whole new forum to find a cure for this kinda problems...and drink to that!! ~LOVE

If all statutory requirements have been met then there should be no problem assuming that you mentioned them in your applications.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 2:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks again Jim. I sure hope so. It's gonna be 2 years soon. I think I have been punished enough for moving to Canada. I feel like crying like a baby when I think about the lost time, money(opportunity cost), and energy. Worst-case scenario: If CIC refuses my PR app after all these time; my wife will file a lawsuit against them and spend whatever amount of $ to get justice. Perhaps it will make some other ordinary folks lives a little easier.

~ARIGATO

AND FOR EVERYBODY OUT THERE....REMEMBER >>>>

"""
11. (1) A foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act
"""
So CIC can't just admit someone then say "you are inadmissible!". Hello!!!

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT. ~ PEACE & LOVE