Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Renewal whilst waiting for citizenship

PR Renewal whilst waiting for citizenship

Old Aug 17th 2021, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

DMajor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Renewal whilst waiting for citizenship

My position is I have allowed my PR to expire by one month whilst I was expecting my citizenship to arrive.
I need to travel back to the UK but have been told that without a current PR card I will not be allowed re-entry to Canada.
I have gone online and started the process of renewing my PR but this could take weeks.
I have been charged $99.00 for the renewal, is this right?
The email is from ca.immigrationforms.com
I'm not sure if I have been tricked into paying this fee for what appears to be an independent company.
Any advice appreciated.
Old Aug 17th 2021, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Renewal whilst waiting for citizenship

Renewals of a PR card are $50 and current IRCC website processing times are 112 days

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...w-replace.html

You can travel to the UK without one but you would need to apply for a PRTD to travel back

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...#outsidecanada

The site you gave was not the official IRCC website so yeah you paid them more (their processing fee plus the $50 standard charge).
Old Aug 17th 2021, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Renewals of a PR card are $50 and current IRCC website processing times are 112 days

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...w-replace.html

You can travel to the UK without one but you would need to apply for a PRTD to travel back

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...#outsidecanada

The site you gave was not the official IRCC website so yeah you paid them more (their processing fee plus the $50 standard charge).

Thank you,
It's odd that when I searched PR Renewal the first site that came up was an agency not connected to the official government site.
112 days? Wow, that's crazy..!
Old Aug 17th 2021, 3:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DMajor
Thank you,
It's odd that when I searched PR Renewal the first site that came up was an agency not connected to the official government site.
112 days? Wow, that's crazy..!
That's why you need a PRTD instead. But yes, only use the official site for that too - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-document.html

The reason the agency came up first is simply because they'll have paid Google to have their site listed at the top of the page.
Old Aug 17th 2021, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That's why you need a PRTD instead. But yes, only use the official site for that too - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-document.html

The reason the agency came up first is simply because they'll have paid Google to have their site listed at the top of the page.

Yes, I should have been more careful.
Oh well, another $49 wasted..
Old Aug 17th 2021, 5:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Renewals are taking 112 days ATM.
Old Aug 22nd 2021, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I should have been more careful.
Oh well, another $49 wasted..

Actually, it was $99 down the drain.

Still have to pay the government $50.

Might not bother with it and just wait for citizenship to come through, although that seems to be taking ages too.

Is anybody working on applications? Maybe they should outsource the work to a private company as the government employees seem to work at a snail's pace.

116 days for a PR Renewal at the moment..
Old Aug 23rd 2021, 4:16 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

My position is I have allowed my PR to expire by one month whilst I was expecting my citizenship to arrive.
I need to travel back to the UK but have been told that without a current PR card I will not be allowed re-entry to Canada.
I have gone online and started the process of renewing my PR but this could take weeks.
I have been charged $99.00 for the renewal, is this right?
The email is from ca.immigrationforms.com
I'm not sure if I have been tricked into paying this fee for what appears to be an independent company.
Any advice appreciated.
Actually, it was $99 down the drain.

Still have to pay the government $50.

Might not bother with it and just wait for citizenship to come through, although that seems to be taking ages too.

Is anybody working on applications? Maybe they should outsource the work to a private company as the government employees seem to work at a snail's pace.

116 days for a PR Renewal at the moment..
Request a full refund.. https://www.ca-immigrationforms.com/refund-policy
https://www.ca-immigrationforms.com/terms
The refund request must be made within a maximum period of 120 days of receiving our payment confirmation email of our assistance services.