Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Renewal Documents - Strange question, but can I ask for copies? :s

PR Renewal Documents - Strange question, but can I ask for copies? :s

Old Apr 11th 2021, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Rainmaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Renewal Documents - Strange question, but can I ask for copies? :s

Hi All,

Hope all are well.

I recently applied for my PR renewal and was successful in my efforts thankfully. As part of the renewal, I provided a detailed history of my days spent in and out of Canada. For the life of me I am unable to locate this file on my computer and have most likely inadvertently deleted it, and this may be a strange request, but would it be possible for me to contact the agency and request that they provide me a copy of this information that I provided them with towards the end of last year simply to avoid having to go through the arduous process once again from scratch? :s

Thank you all!

Old Apr 11th 2021, 11:03 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Renewal Documents - Strange question, but can I ask for copies? :s

Originally Posted by Rainmaker
Hi All,

Hope all are well.

I recently applied for my PR renewal and was successful in my efforts thankfully. As part of the renewal, I provided a detailed history of my days spent in and out of Canada. For the life of me I am unable to locate this file on my computer and have most likely inadvertently deleted it, and this may be a strange request, but would it be possible for me to contact the agency and request that they provide me a copy of this information that I provided them with towards the end of last year simply to avoid having to go through the arduous process once again from scratch? :s

Thank you all!
You could apply for your travel history (exits and entries) from CBSA
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-a...r-rav-eng.html

You didn't 'renew PR' status, by the way, you renewed your PR card..
Old Apr 11th 2021, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: PR Renewal Documents - Strange question, but can I ask for copies? :s

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You could apply for your travel history (exits and entries) from CBSA
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-a...r-rav-eng.html

You didn't 'renew PR' status, by the way, you renewed your PR card..
Oh excellent! Very helpful, as always Siouxie!

That will save me a few hours.

Another question while I have you. Assume I was eligible for citizenship now and submitted the application for it today, what is the average wait time until the test please? Or is there a sticky you can re-direct me to please to help me as I start to look into this process?

Thanks again!
Old Apr 12th 2021, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Renewal Documents - Strange question, but can I ask for copies? :s

Current processing time on the website shows 12 months.

Link for citizenship i.e requirements, eligibility & forms

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...tizenship.html
Old Apr 12th 2021, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Current processing time on the website shows 12 months.

Link for citizenship i.e requirements, eligibility & forms

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...tizenship.html
Thank you Former Lancastrian.

I am in a bit of a pickle and would like your opinion if you do not mind. I am a Canadian PR, UK national, and have had my H1B US visa petition accepted. I will be looking to relocate to the US soon for work. The waiting times for a US visa appointment are 300+ days, and is subject to change. I am also a couple of months away from being eligible for Canadian citizenship.

Assuming the visa appointment wait time changes and I am able to get an appointment for visa approval sooner to relocate to the US, what then happens to my Canadian PR status?

Thanks again.
Old Apr 12th 2021, 6:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rainmaker
Assuming the visa appointment wait time changes and I am able to get an appointment for visa approval sooner to relocate to the US, what then happens to my Canadian PR status?
You’ve not mentioned it, but are you still married to your Canadian wife? If so, post no. 2 from your previous thread is still the answer - PR/Citizenship eligibility when working abroad on a visa

If however you are no longer together, or she won’t be moving to the US with you, then you’ll need to meet the residency obligation of 730 days in every 5 years in Canada if you want to maintain your PR status.

HTH.
Old Apr 12th 2021, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You’ve not mentioned it, but are you still married to your Canadian wife? If so, post no. 2 from your previous thread is still the answer - PR/Citizenship eligibility when working abroad on a visa

If however you are no longer together, or she won’t be moving to the US with you, then you’ll need to meet the residency obligation of 730 days in every 5 years in Canada if you want to maintain your PR status.

HTH.
Thank you Christmas Oompa.

Unfortunately for my wife, we are still married . I did not realise I asked the same question back in 2019, and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Am I at liberty to simply keep applying to extend the validity of my PR card while in the US on a H1B without any issues (appreciating that it will not count towards the possibility for citizenship)?