PR Renewal / Citizenship app

Old May 30th 2022, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

smojphace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Renewal / Citizenship app

Wondering if anyone else has this same problem: my husband applied for citizenship in July 2021. His PR was set to expire in April 2022, so he applied for a renewal in late January 2022. He took his citizenship test in March, and we're assuming the citizenship ceremony should be coming in the next few months. However we've heard nothing about the PR renewal. When he types his PR card no. into the website, it only shows his citizenship application, nothing else. Does anyone know who to call or contact regarding the PR renewal? A bit worried about being able to travel...
Old May 30th 2022, 2:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Renewal / Citizenship app

Originally Posted by smojphace View Post
Wondering if anyone else has this same problem: my husband applied for citizenship in July 2021. His PR was set to expire in April 2022, so he applied for a renewal in late January 2022. He took his citizenship test in March, and we're assuming the citizenship ceremony should be coming in the next few months. However we've heard nothing about the PR renewal. When he types his PR card no. into the website, it only shows his citizenship application, nothing else. Does anyone know who to call or contact regarding the PR renewal? A bit worried about being able to travel...

We applied for PR renewal last August, heard absolutely nothing, although they have received the renewal money. We have written several times and have also written to our MP. Again nothing. 4 weeks ago last week we submitted a second application, with a letter explaining we first applied 9 months ago. Again no feedback. What a shambles. 🤬

Good luck.
Old May 30th 2022, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Yeah, it's frustrating process mainly due to the lack of communication. The initial PR application was a breeze though!

Just as an update, in case anyone else is following along, he did manage to pull up his PR renewal on the site by typing in the UCI and application no. (not the PR no.) It says that the application for PR renewal was approved and a new card was mailed out on March 31st! We'll wait for another week or so then try to sort a replacement, I guess.
Old May 30th 2022, 4:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's frustrating process mainly due to the lack of communication. The initial PR application was a breeze though!

Just as an update, in case anyone else is following along, he did manage to pull up his PR renewal on the site by typing in the UCI and application no. (not the PR no.) It says that the application for PR renewal was approved and a new card was mailed out on March 31st! We'll wait for another week or so then try to sort a replacement, I guess.
Wow 2 months and no card

How did you come by an application number?
Old May 30th 2022, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

It’s on the receipt. His starts with an R
Old May 30th 2022, 9:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

It’s on the receipt. His starts with an R
we haven’t received a receipt…for either applications…
Old May 30th 2022, 10:26 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
we haven’t received a receipt…for either applications…
I think it's the payment receipt for when you pay on line. Maybe saved on your computer or email

I remember there was a barcode on it and a number. I'm pretty sure I used that number on my original PR application as I had no case (UCI) number way back.

Last edited by BristolUK; May 30th 2022 at 10:37 pm.
Old May 30th 2022, 10:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I think it's the payment receipt for when you pay on line. Maybe saved on your computer or email

I remember there was a barcode on it and a number. I'm pretty sure I used that number on my original PR application as I had no case (UCI) number way back.
Thank you…tried that but zero.