PR Questions

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

wesam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Questions

I have submitted a PR application for my parents in 2008 (Abu Dhabi) and just received a letter from the embassy to send the passports for the PR visa. I have a couple of questions and hopefully someone will be able to advice. Thank you for your help.
Case:
- At the time of submitting the application, parents were residing in the UAE: Father, Mother, Sister, and Brother
- Since submitting the PR application, brother has been studying in Canada on student visa
- Sister was NOT on the sponsorship application, but I added her on the PR application. She received a call from the embassy to confirm her status last week, but they never asked her to do a medical. The embassy asked father, mother, and brother to complete a medical last year.
- Father, mother, sister continue to reside in UAE since submitting the PR application
A couple of questions:
- The letter asked to send all the passports, so I am not sure if my sister has been approved. Any comments/thoughts? The letter is very generic and dose not lists any dependent names, only my father.
- My brother is in Canada for school, what is the process here? Does he need to travel back to the UAE, get the visa and then renter?