PR Question

Old May 19th 2012, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future
Default PR Question

Hi all, We are completing our application for residency at the moment. We were just approved for the Manitoba Provincial nominee programme. Was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions for me please. Firstly, it states that you send in the application to Nova Scotia however it says on the application form you must state the Visa Processing office which will process your application. How do I know which one to pick for this? We are currently living here in Winnipeg on a two year work permit. The second question is regarding the checklist it states send in copies of birth certs, marriage cert, etc. however on this checklist it does not state that they should be certified by commissioner of oaths. Are they supposed to be certified true copies of originals or can I just take photocopies and send them in without being certified by commissioner of oaths? Final question is they ask if the dependants are Type A, Type B or Type C. Dont know how to answer this one. Anyone out there been through this new application process? Apparently the forms have recently been updated so it looks a little different to when I last checked. Thanks for anyone's advice in advance.
Old May 20th 2012, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: PR Question

Originally Posted by DoyleLinda
Firstly, it states that you send in the application to Nova Scotia however it says on the application form you must state the Visa Processing office which will process your application. How do I know which one to pick for this? We are currently living here in Winnipeg on a two year work permit. The second question is regarding the checklist it states send in copies of birth certs, marriage cert, etc. however on this checklist it does not state that they should be certified by commissioner of oaths. Are they supposed to be certified true copies of originals or can I just take photocopies and send them in without being certified by commissioner of oaths? Final question is they ask if the dependants are Type A, Type B or Type C. Dont know how to answer this one. Anyone out there been through this new application process? Apparently the forms have recently been updated so it looks a little different to when I last checked. Thanks for anyone's advice in advance.
Q1 - can't answer what effect you being in Winnipeg has on which processing office it is. But, you don't put Sydney (we did and were told to change it to London), so it is whichever is the final visa office and not CIO.

Q2 - we just sent photocopies and our file is now on its way to London so has been approved by CIO as complete. It didn't say certified copies were needed on the guidance at the time we applied.

Q3 - this is in the guidance notes.

Type A The child is under the age of 22 and is single (not married and not in a common-law relationship).

Type B The child has been continuously enrolled in and in attendance as a full‑time student at a post-secondary institution accredited by the relevant government authority and has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent either: •since before the age of 22, or
•since marrying or entering into a common-law relationship (if it happened before the age of 22).

Type C The child is 22 years of age or older, has depended substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22, and is unable to provide for himself or herself because of a medical condition.

Good luck!
Old May 20th 2012, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Thanks for the info. I re read the guidance notes last night and still couldnt figure out if the visa processing office was London or buffalo so gonna put down London. As for the photocopies I'm also gonna take a chance on sending in uncertified cos it's not clear whether they should or shouldn't be on the new guidance notes. Good luck with your application and hope you have a great life in canada.
Old May 20th 2012, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure if it's the same with each province (as we're under NS), but if you are at provincial stage, the provincial office checks it anyway and will ask you to correct it if you've plumped for the wrong office.

It was a bit ambiguous in the guideance for ours too - as it explains all about what a certified copy is, then just asks for "copies" in the checklist.

When we did our FSW1 application it specifically asked for certified copies - the PNP didn't.

Good luck - hope it all goes smoothly!
Old May 20th 2012, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

yes i agree the pnp doesnt specify certified copies hence my initial thread but at least you have already been accepted with uncertified copies so that helps me to make a decision to do the same. It says on the guidance notes that you specify the visa office that is closest to your country of citizenship or nearest to the country you are currently residing in for over the last twelve months with valid permit so thats the reason I am still slightly confused as to whether its Buffalo or London but kinda swayed on putting down London but maybe someone else will come along soon and offer their opinion. Thanks for your advice anyway and hopefully it will be a smooth ride from here on. PS I believe Nova Scotia is beautiful. Thanks again.
Old May 20th 2012, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Linda,
I think in your case you have pretty much the choice between the 2 offices, as you should be close to a year here by now? At the moment London seems to be way faster (of course ..one never know 100 % how it will look like at the time yours is arriving), so I would put in London.

...and simple copies are good enough if it states "copies" in the checklist (as long as documents are in english)
Old May 20th 2012, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you as always Manitobain.
Old May 20th 2012, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

One more question please........regarding the police checks for myself and OH, we had police checks carried out last July 2011 cos we thought we needed them at port of entry to get our work permits. Anyway we didnt need them, but still have them so just wondered if these will be okay to use with our application for residency as again it doesnt state on this new guidance form whether the police cert has to be within any particular time frame. Our police check was done in July 2011 so if we submit our application using these police checks will it be accepted or should we get new police certs? Thanks in advance.
Old May 20th 2012, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi there

We were told when we sent copies of proposed Federal Application to Nova Scotia to apply for nomination that Nova Scotia Office of Immigration don't check police certificates at Provincial stage (I'm still not sure what stage you are at - have you got your Nomination?)

The guidance on the Federal site says "The certificate must have been issued no more than three months prior to submitting your application" - which means yours have expired. The document checklist says police certs are "valid one year from date of issue", and goes on to say you don't have to send them to CIO at all! I think this means that if you submit them with your application, they may then request new ones if it takes them more than a year to process from the date of application.

Looks like it's just your choice whether you get them now or later. We submitted current police certs with the application.
Old May 21st 2012, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Hi,
yes we have been nominated and we are sending in our papers now for permanent residency. I had another look last night and i think they do need to be within the last six months so ours are over six months old so i think to be on the safe side I will have to get in touch with police at home and get new ones issued. This is the only thing now that will hold up our application so pity i didnt get cracking on this sooner. Oh well, at least we have come this far, so fingers crossed this will be the only delay from here. Thanks again for your words of advice. Good luck.
Old May 21st 2012, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Yes need new ones. Everything else will only delay process. You need them as well from Canada , as more than 6 month here.
Old May 21st 2012, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

oh okay, how on earth do we get them from Canada? Do we just go to local police and tell them what we need then?
Old May 21st 2012, 4:07 am
BTJ
Occasionally Useful

BTJ is on a distinguished road

You don't need Canadian police certificates unless they are specifically requested by the visa office.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ica/canada.asp

Also with regard to choosing Buffalo or London, in order to choose Buffalo you simply need to have been admitted to Canada for at least a year, you do not have to have already resided there for 1 year.

Last edited by BTJ; May 21st 2012 at 4:09 am.
Old May 21st 2012, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

Thx that sounds good to me.