Wikiposts

PR Processing time scales

Old Sep 4th 2011, 2:37 am
Account Closed

trevorandjo york is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Processing time scales

Ok, our application will be submitted to Sydney this week. Assuming that we get into the 500 NOC limit, how long do you think it will take to process through the system to finally getting the PR visas, again, asssuming we have no problems.

Processing through Sydney.

Processing through London.

Medicals.

Green light with Visas in place.

is all this possible in 10 months?

Trevor
Old Sep 4th 2011, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Jadantrak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR Processing time scales

Hi Trevor

We have applied for our PR in January and are still waiting our second AOR which appears to sometimes happen and other times people have skipped this part and just got medical requests.

Applications on the new system post June 26th 2010 seem to be a bit hit and miss on the time line scale, so we are unable to ascertain an idea of when or how long the process is currently taking, seems to be luck of the draw (where the application or whom it lands with )some people have been lucky enough for a 10 month process others around 12 months.

There are quite a few threads on timeline etc you may want to browse ?

good luck with everything
Old Sep 4th 2011, 2:57 am
Account Closed

Thanks, we have some hope. Are you still in the UK? What is AOR?
Old Sep 4th 2011, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Ive just actually landed in Calgary, if you look at the signature after someone's post you can see where they are in the process i.e their timeline

AOR - Acknowledgment of Receipt (of PR application)

you receive first AOR from Sydney , then second one from London but as I said some people have actually skipped this part and got their medical request, Im hoping Im one of those as haven't heard anything since march

If you look at this link some frequent abbreviations are listed and may help
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canadian_Abbreviations
Old Sep 4th 2011, 4:35 am
Account Closed

A1. That helps enormously. the only reason we are doing the PR route directly is that we want the flexability to work/move anywhere once we arrive. thanks for the post, Trevor

With BrazolotAwaiting 1st AOR
Old Sep 4th 2011, 5:04 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york
Ok, our application will be submitted to Sydney this week. Assuming that we get into the 500 NOC limit, how long do you think it will take to process through the system to finally getting the PR visas, again, asssuming we have no problems.

Processing through Sydney.

Processing through London.

Medicals.

Green light with Visas in place.

is all this possible in 10 months?

Trevor
Extremely unlikely. You have the CIO review 2-3 months and then London's posted processing time for 80% of FSW is 20 months. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...fed.asp#europe
Old Sep 4th 2011, 5:09 am
Account Closed

looks like a holiday in New York in july next year for me, have already booked my cruise to arrive in North America for August 2012! I have always been a positive, proactive person, I appreciate your post, let su hope you are wrong.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=CLDXsFA#gid=0

this spreadsheet gives u idea of timelines if you get in within the 500 for your NOC should be between 10-12 months - my understanding is the 20 months is for applications received prior to June 26th 2010, some better experts on here may clarify

wow how exciting a cruise ........enjoy and good luck

Last edited by Jadantrak; Sep 4th 2011 at 5:19 am.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 7:56 am
Account Closed

mills and boon novel, very romantic.....i bet the experience with two teenagers in tow will be less so. Thanks for the positive note.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 2:59 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jadantrak
Ive just actually landed in Calgary, if you look at the signature after someone's post you can see where they are in the process i.e their timeline

AOR - Acknowledgment of Receipt (of PR application)

you receive first AOR from Sydney , then second one from London but as I said some people have actually skipped this part and got their medical request, Im hoping Im one of those as haven't heard anything since march

If you look at this link some frequent abbreviations are listed and may help
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canadian_Abbreviations
Just to clarify - there is no "second AOR" from London.
In fact, there isn't even a first AOR from CIO Sydney
!!!

Now the application is the full package of documents to CIO initially, which is quite different from the previous application situation.

CIO do not acknowledge receipt of the application, which is why you need to send it by courier so that you can track when it has arrived.

When they have done their initial assessment you will receive an e-mail from them which confirms that your application has been accepted and is going to be passed to your VO for further processing.(This has been called PER by applicants recently).
This will show on your ECAS, but it is a bit confusing because it still says "We have sent you a letter", even though they haven't!

After they send your package to the VO, the VO WILL NOT send you anything to acknowledge that they have received it or when they start processing it.

ECAS, the online tracker will show basic information on your file but it isn't reliable and it isn't updated promptly, I'm afraid. It will eventually say Received by Visa Office (RBVO).
At some later date it will say "IN PROCESS" and show a date on which they began processing your file.

If it is likely that your Police checks will expire before your visa is expected to be issued, then London VO will send you a letter snail mail to request updated docs. That is what has just happened to us.

If they do not need to do this, the next step will be Medical Requests, also sent through snail mail.

I hope this clears this up for you.
I wouldn't want you worry because you have not received some fictional "AOR" that is never going to arrive!
Old Sep 5th 2011, 3:29 am
Account Closed

Helcat12.

Thankyou for such a comprehensive reply, I have printed it and I will hang it on the fridge for reference. Good luck with your own process, this really is a super site. Trevor
Old Sep 5th 2011, 6:23 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york
Helcat12.

Thankyou for such a comprehensive reply, I have printed it and I will hang it on the fridge for reference. Good luck with your own process, this really is a super site. Trevor
If Oink had posted that, I would assume it was blatant sarcasm, but since it is you, I will take it as sincere
I do try to be helpful as far as I can
Old Sep 7th 2011, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Shaun_and_Em is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to be cheeky and add in a question of my own...

Helcat - The reply for that question great and helped me also!

I wondered what happens if you apply through FSW Cat 1 and then obtain a job offer? Do you contact CIC or does the employer then need an LMO? That area seems a little grey to me... We are hoping to get a job offer prior to making the move.

Any info would be greatly appreicated.

Em
Old Sep 7th 2011, 12:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shaun_and_Em
I wondered what happens if you apply through FSW Cat 1 and then obtain a job offer? Do you contact CIC or does the employer then need an LMO? That area seems a little grey to me... We are hoping to get a job offer prior to making the move.
If you obtain a job offer but want to start before you get PR, then yes, your employer would need to apply for a LMO. You'd then start work on a TWP until you get PR.

HTH.

Old Sep 7th 2011, 1:02 am
Island life at last

Originally Posted by Shaun_and_Em
Sorry to be cheeky and add in a question of my own...

Helcat - The reply for that question great and helped me also!

Any info would be greatly appreicated.

Em
As christmasoompa says.

You wouldn't change your FSW route at that point, though. That would mean starting all over again.
If your job is on the in demand list and you apply as Cat 1 there is nothing to stop you getting a job offer and applying for LMO to support that. Then you can get a TWP and go over and start work while the FSW chugs along in the background.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.