Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR - The next step after delivery to Buffalo??

PR - The next step after delivery to Buffalo??

Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default PR - The next step after delivery to Buffalo??

Hi,

We are apply for PR via the PEI PNP.

Our PR application has been delivered to Buffalo (4th Jan) according to the postal tracking system.

As it has now nearly been a month I wondered what the next stage is in the proccess?

I take it they must write to you to inform you that your application has been recieved and issue you with a application Ref Number to enable you to track your application online and for future Ref.

My question is how long does it usually take for them to write to you after they receive your application? If indeed the above is correct that is or can someone put me right.

Many Thanks for your help in advance.

Old Jan 30th 2010, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future
Default Re: PR - The next step after delivery to Buffalo??

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Hi,

We are apply for PR via the PEI PNP.

Our PR application has been delivered to Buffalo (4th Jan) according to the postal tracking system.

As it has now nearly been a month I wondered what the next stage is in the proccess?

I take it they must write to you to inform you that your application has been recieved and issue you with a application Ref Number to enable you to track your application online and for future Ref.

My question is how long does it usually take for them to write to you after they receive your application? If indeed the above is correct that is or can someone put me right.

Many Thanks for your help in advance.

We sent our FSW cat 2 to Buffalo on 4th December 2009 and we received AOR via email on 7th January 2010. The email had an application number on it so that we can check status on line, but it is still showing our previous address so it is obviously still in a pile somewhere!!

My sister has just got her PPR and she sent her PNP application to Buffalo in June 2009, had med request in November and medicals were sent on 21st December , so they have been pretty quick turning things around in her case.

Well enjoy the wait anyway!!!
Old Jan 30th 2010, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by zippadydoda
We sent our FSW cat 2 to Buffalo on 4th December 2009 and we received AOR via email on 7th January 2010. The email had an application number on it so that we can check status on line, but it is still showing our previous address so it is obviously still in a pile somewhere!!

My sister has just got her PPR and she sent her PNP application to Buffalo in June 2009, had med request in November and medicals were sent on 21st December , so they have been pretty quick turning things around in her case.

Well enjoy the wait anyway!!!
Thanks very much for the reply..

Yep hurry up and wait will be be the next few months I suppose. Just hope they go quick LOL

Cheers.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Dave

We sent PR paperwork off in June, Got Medical Requests in August then Passport Requests in November, All through Buffalo.

HTH
Old Jan 31st 2010, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kb33
Dave

We sent PR paperwork off in June, Got Medical Requests in August then Passport Requests in November, All through Buffalo.

HTH
I can't begin to tell you how your post has cheered us up! It appears like all the posts I have read on BE from people sending their applications to Buffalo take much longer to be processed than applications to London.

Do you mind me asking which kind of application it was?

We sent our FSW cat 2 to Buffalo in December and recieved our AOR in January.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Our application was through Alberta PNP The whole process from start to finish ( Between Landing with LMO and getting PR ) was 14 months , BUT we didn't hang about ie we got Medical Requests on a Wednesday and were having medicals the following Monday. Any other paperwork that was asked for we more or less returned the same day.
This was in 2008