Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR TO MARRY DO I CHANGE MY PR CARD FIRST

Wikiposts

PR TO MARRY DO I CHANGE MY PR CARD FIRST

Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough
Default PR TO MARRY DO I CHANGE MY PR CARD FIRST

Hi my OH is a PR we are getting married in 4 weeks back in the UK! She is then going to sponsor me. Will she need to get her PR card updated to change her name first before we can send my application off?

Also i am over here in Canada, but will be sending my application via London after Mississagua. Can i do my Medical in Canada rather than travel back to the UK? I was hoping to get the medical done before sending the application off to Mississagua to speed things up!

The reason for doing it through UK is i still work over there and need to cross the border during the application stage.

Any help appreciated!
Old Jun 13th 2008, 1:00 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR TO MARRY DO I CHANGE MY PR CARD FIRST

No need to change name on PR card - it would take several months anyway.

Yes, you can do medicals anywhere in the world, as long as you go to a Designated Medical Practitioner.

Hoping to get medicals done before sending application off? Are you kidding? You must do medicals before applying and submit receipt from DMP with application.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

scottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the roughscottymallo is a jewel in the rough

Andrew,

Hi thanks for the info the reason i asked about the medical, because in the UK the application must be submitted first then the medical is done when London send details to go for a medical when apply for PR
Old Jun 13th 2008, 1:53 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. In spouse, common-law and conjugal partner sponsorships medicals must be done prior to application. How do you want to succeed with application if you don't even know how and what to do?

You must download all from all 3 parts here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp

and follow instructions.

One of the documents you'll download is the instruction specific for Western European applicants:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf

It includes the checklist that in section 11 clearly requires to include proof of medical examination and it also includes special form "Appendix D" to be taken to DMP when going for medicals.

Another document you will download is also a checklist (in sponsor's part):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5491E.PDF

and in section 27 it also asks for proof of medical examination.

I assume that you didn't download all the forms and instructions yet and never learned what has to be done. Wrong way to start the process my friend....
Old Jun 13th 2008, 2:18 am
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

yeah we spent months looking over the forms and checklists and still panic we left something off, I can't imagine going in 'blind' so to speak.