Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR - marriage during process & medicals

PR - marriage during process & medicals

Old Mar 10th 2005, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

high.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nice
Default PR - marriage during process & medicals

Hi,

we submitted our PR application last summer (July) to London, AOR received August 2004. We have decided to get married later this year (December 2005) and anticipate hearing something re our PR later this year. Do we need to inform CIC of our impending marriage?
Also my partner (I'm the principal applicant) was involed in a serious RTA just after we submitted our forms. As a result he has had lots of hospital treatment and is still receiving some treatment albeit a lot less than last year. He has now resumed normal-ish work, as we anticipate being sent for medicals later this year, do we have to notify CIC of his accident and treatment? He did have some lung issues which may show up on a chest xray but he's been advised he's OK to fly now and that he shouldn't have any long term lung problems.

Any advice is helpful.
Thanks.

h.r
Old Mar 10th 2005, 1:19 am
Lyles

Default Re: PR - marriage during process & medicals

Not sure how to add a link to another post. Try below. But, yes. Once you're married you'll need to inform them. We got married in Mexico, so our certificate is in Spanish. We have to obtain a certified translation and notarisation and send this to them with our file number and explanatory letter.

Not sure if you need all this if you get married in the UK.

Congratulations by the way!!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=Miller

Originally Posted by high.rise
Hi,

we submitted our PR application last summer (July) to London, AOR received August 2004. We have decided to get married later this year (December 2005) and anticipate hearing something re our PR later this year. Do we need to inform CIC of our impending marriage?
Also my partner (I'm the principal applicant) was involed in a serious RTA just after we submitted our forms. As a result he has had lots of hospital treatment and is still receiving some treatment albeit a lot less than last year. He has now resumed normal-ish work, as we anticipate being sent for medicals later this year, do we have to notify CIC of his accident and treatment? He did have some lung issues which may show up on a chest xray but he's been advised he's OK to fly now and that he shouldn't have any long term lung problems.

Any advice is helpful.
Thanks.

h.r

Old Mar 10th 2005, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

high.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nicehigh.rise is just really nice
Default Re: PR - marriage during process & medicals

Thanks for that Lyles.

We were just worried (perhaps optimistically!) that we'd get news of our PR around the time of our wedding ie after it was approved we'd then have to go back and say our circumstances had changed (from common law to married). I guess until we have the wedding certs there isn't really anything we can do anyway.

Thanks again!

h.r