Wikiposts

PR Landing in Canada

Old Oct 18th 2009, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

brummi is on a distinguished road
Question PR Landing in Canada

Hi everyone. I have a couple of questions regarding 'Landing'.

I thought I had to apply for my PR card at the Border but CIC website advises that my PR card will be mailed to me. As I already live in Canada and my card will come to me here do I then go to the border to activate it? Is there any cost involved?

I know I can go to Service Canada to 'Land' too but I understand I would have to wait around 6 weeks for an appointment. I need to activate my PR asap so that I can start working.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 5:39 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Landing in Canada

Hi

Originally Posted by brummi
Hi everyone. I have a couple of questions regarding 'Landing'.

I thought I had to apply for my PR card at the Border but CIC website advises that my PR card will be mailed to me. As I already live in Canada and my card will come to me here do I then go to the border to activate it? Is there any cost involved?

I know I can go to Service Canada to 'Land' too but I understand I would have to wait around 6 weeks for an appointment. I need to activate my PR asap so that I can start working.
1. You can go to a local Immigration office to land, not service Canada. You phone the Call Centre and they will make an appointment.
2. You have already paid for the PR card, it was in the application fee. So if you go to the border to activate your PR, you give them an address in Canada and the card will be processed in Sydney and mailed out in about 51 days.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

Thanks PMM
Old Oct 19th 2009, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

yep pop over to your local border crossing and do your landing, its a simple process and quick..good luck mate...
Old Oct 19th 2009, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

ESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really niceESarge is just really nice

You will have to go to Service Canada for your new SIN though.
(I'm assuming you have a temporary SIN from being on a work permit).
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MR79
yep pop over to your local border crossing and do your landing, its a simple process and quick..good luck mate...
Thanks!
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ESarge
You will have to go to Service Canada for your new SIN though.
(I'm assuming you have a temporary SIN from being on a work permit).
Thanks ESarge. Yes I have thought of that already, and CRA will need to be updated too, as well as AB Health.