PR interviews

Old Jun 27th 2016, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

ANNASHEP has a brilliant futureANNASHEP has a brilliant futureANNASHEP has a brilliant futureANNASHEP has a brilliant futureANNASHEP has a brilliant futureANNASHEP has a brilliant future
Default PR interviews

Am looking for some insights as to what to expect, my husband has been approved for sponsorship for myself and my daughter. We have now been requested to go for our 'final' interviews for permanent residence. We have met all the requirements, passed medicals, police checks. Am wondering what the interview will entail, questions etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, we have waited 3 long years to get to this stage and want everything to go smoothly.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 3:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR interviews

Originally Posted by ANNASHEP
Am looking for some insights as to what to expect, my husband has been approved for sponsorship for myself and my daughter. We have now been requested to go for our 'final' interviews for permanent residence. We have met all the requirements, passed medicals, police checks. Am wondering what the interview will entail, questions etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, we have waited 3 long years to get to this stage and want everything to go smoothly.
An interview is so unusual, that I'm not sure you'll find anybody with experience on the forum. But I do have a vague recollection that there was somebody within the past year or so that also had an interview, so a quick search of the forum might bring up some info.

Best of luck.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Is this an in Canada application or an overseas application and when was it made?

S
Old Jun 27th 2016, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

ANNASHEP has a brilliant futureANNASHEP has a brilliant futureANNASHEP has a brilliant futureANNASHEP has a brilliant futureANNASHEP has a brilliant futureANNASHEP has a brilliant future

It was an in Canada application which we submitted 3 years ago, August 2013.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously I cannot say for sure, but this sounds like the interview that all in Canada applicants are invited to in order to finalize their PR applications and become PRs.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Jun 27th 2016 at 5:18 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Oh that would be amazing, am so nervous to be at this final stage an just want it to work out.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 6:01 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like your landing interview to me!

I was an inland applicant and had my "landing interview" at a local office. They required my sponsor to be there and either proof of paying the RoPR Fee or else the funds to pay it there and then.

We were called into a room where the Immigration Officer made us feel totally at ease by joking around; we were asked if anything had changed, were we still married / living together etc., then they bought out the form and asked me to check that it was correct and confirm specific items.

If I recall correctly, it was

1) Colour of eyes
2) No arrests or criminal charges since application
3) No changes to circumstances (baby, divorce, marriage or what have you)
4) Was everyone included in my application

Then I was asked to sign within the white box, a copy was placed into my passport and I got a handshake and 'Welcome to Canada'.

Best of luck with your landing interview!

Edited to add, you may find this thread of use http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...orship-784881/
Old Jun 27th 2016, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

It does sound like that as my husband, our sponsor has to be there. Thank you and I am hoping that's all it will be, I think its just the fear of the unknown and the fact that a complete stranger has this much power over our life decisions!
Old Jun 27th 2016, 7:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, phew! I thought you meant you'd been called for a 'proper' interview!
Old Jun 28th 2016, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Annashep

Pretty sure it is your landing interview. My son and his common-law partner had their interview in Calgary last week. They applied inland in Nov 2015 and received PR last week. My son the sponsor was asked a few questions on the sponsor form and then his partner was asked the same questions. They were done and dusted in 10 minutes.

Poppit
Old Jun 28th 2016, 10:20 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It sounds like your landing interview to me!

I was an inland applicant and had my "landing interview" at a local office. They required my sponsor to be there and either proof of paying the RoPR Fee or else the funds to pay it there and then.

We were called into a room where the Immigration Officer made us feel totally at ease by joking around; we were asked if anything had changed, were we still married / living together etc., then they bought out the form and asked me to check that it was correct and confirm specific items.

If I recall correctly, it was

1) Colour of eyes
2) No arrests or criminal charges since application
3) No changes to circumstances (baby, divorce, marriage or what have you)
4) Was everyone included in my application

Then I was asked to sign within the white box, a copy was placed into my passport and I got a handshake and 'Welcome to Canada'.

Best of luck with your landing interview!

Edited to add, you may find this thread of use http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...orship-784881/
Sounds exactly the same as it was for me. Letter came, said to attend interview, no mention at all it was to "land". Turn up, sure enough, it was the landing interview.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

Thank to you all for this info, I'm feeling a little less rattled now and kinda looking forward to it, feels like its been a long road but worth the wait