PR Getting close to expire

Old Mar 20th 2012, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

richard.pattern is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Getting close to expire

In order to retain my PR status I know that I have to live in Canada for 730 days during the last 5 years. I got my PR status in July 2009 and since then after getting it initially stamped I have not moved back to Canada. So if I move to Canada somewhere in June 2012 and live for 2 years consecutively in Canada I assume that I should be able to retain my PR status. Will there be any complications around this?
Old Mar 20th 2012, 2:45 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Getting close to expire

Originally Posted by richard.pattern
In order to retain my PR status I know that I have to live in Canada for 730 days during the last 5 years. I got my PR status in July 2009 and since then after getting it initially stamped I have not moved back to Canada. So if I move to Canada somewhere in June 2012 and live for 2 years consecutively in Canada I assume that I should be able to retain my PR status. Will there be any complications around this?
Probably not so long as don't leave at all for the next 2 year. I night away can screw it all up if all you have is 730 days. You may want more wriggle room than that.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 9:27 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: PR Getting close to expire

Originally Posted by richard.pattern
Hiya, I can't help with the days thing, but I'm just curious to know (hope you don't mind ) how you go through what I know we had to go through to gain PR, only not to use it!! I know everyone's stories and routes are different, just curious

Anyway, good luck with it all!