PR further questions

Old Jun 19th 2010, 12:49 am
Account Closed

pigletsweet is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile PR further questions

Hi people. Having gathered some info that my uncle could sponsor me for PR, i am just wondering the likelyhood of gaining PR. His citizenship is by decent of my nan from Ottawa and i am of adult age. He is remarrying my mum after their divorce and so far has not sponsored anyone. Hes just turned 50 and currently lives and works in canada. He will marry my british mum in canada.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 1:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR further questions

Originally Posted by pigletsweet
Having gathered some info that my uncle could sponsor me for PR
From whom? I thought we discussed this in your post the other day, and discovered that he was ineligible to sponsor you as he's age 50 - under the SK PNP program, he has to be 49 or under doesn't he?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 19th 2010 at 1:24 am.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 1:31 am
Account Closed

Hiya..yes we did though his work will move him out of regina maybe back to ottawa and i then spotted the posts of.a lady who tried through her aunt and got refused.she believes her refusal was because it was her aunt sponsoring her. A little confused now
Old Jun 19th 2010, 1:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pigletsweet
Hiya..yes we did though his work will move him out of regina maybe back to ottawa and i then spotted the posts of.a lady who tried through her aunt and got refused.she believes her refusal was because it was her aunt sponsoring her. A little confused now
Not sure which thread you're referring to but nieces/nephews cannot be sponsored under the federal program, only spouses, parents, grandparents and dependent children can be sponsored for PR. Read the Family Class section of the CIC website for more info - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...-apply-who.asp

But a few PNP programs allow an uncle/aunt to sponsor a niece/nephew. Ontario is not one of them, so if he moves to Ottawa that's no help to you, and for the SK program you said he is ineligible (as you posted the other day that he needs to be aged 49 and under).

So from what you've said, it appears that your uncle cannot sponsor you, you need to find another route.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 19th 2010 at 1:38 am.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 1:48 am
Account Closed

Ok thank you for your help and advice