PR Fee Payment

Old Nov 8th 2008, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

rossi1 has a spectacular aura aboutrossi1 has a spectacular aura aboutrossi1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: PR Fee Payment

Well we sent our Fastrack application to london and it was signed for on 8th october, so nearly 5weeks they have had it now.
Just been to Td trust and the bankers draft has not been cashed as of yet.
God you start worrying dont you? So will check with the bank at the end of the week.
Its mad as you can not compare it to someone elses application as no 2 timescales are the same, just wish ours was one of the very fast ones...no such luck! Maybe there realy busy and will get to ours soon...realy want to hear something about a medical by xmas.....fingers crossed!
Keep us updated when your draft is cashed.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 5:13 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossi1
Well we sent our Fastrack application to london and it was signed for on 8th october, so nearly 5weeks they have had it now.
Just been to Td trust and the bankers draft has not been cashed as of yet.
God you start worrying dont you? So will check with the bank at the end of the week.
Its mad as you can not compare it to someone elses application as no 2 timescales are the same, just wish ours was one of the very fast ones...no such luck! Maybe there realy busy and will get to ours soon...realy want to hear something about a medical by xmas.....fingers crossed!
Keep us updated when your draft is cashed.
I will do!, Good luck, I'm sure this is standard that it takes some weeks for them to process the draft, Eve went through Paris, hence the timescales could well be different to London.
Old Nov 9th 2008, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

meland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant futuremeland123 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi

Yes I believe the bank will have debited the money from your account straight away on their exchange rate, to draw up the draft.

When I collected the draft it had no reference to my name or account numbers at all, just Barclays Bank and the Canadian account the draft was being drawn from.
Thanx for the reply nikki!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

We sent ours Registered Post via Canadian Mail on 10th October, tracked it to the UK on the 17th, then NOTHING.....

After no change in status for 2 weeks we started to get worried, it still had not been signed for..

We eventually went to TD Bank and they confirmed that the cheque had not been cashed.

Phoned Canadian Mail, as it was registered mail, why is the status not changing. That is when they informed us that registered mail does not work outside Canada !!! Why did they sell us that... apparently we should have paid for an additional service where they attach a postcard type thing, which is signed and posted back to us.

So this Monday I faxed the London Immigration Office and Thursday received an email telling me they had indeed received the cheque... phew

The thing was this was the final payment which also included our medical references, the letter requesting these stated if no response after 90 days then they assume we are no longer interested and our application would be cancelled... Nothing like adding pressure is there.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

rossi1 has a spectacular aura aboutrossi1 has a spectacular aura aboutrossi1 has a spectacular aura about

Oh what a relief that you know that they have it! so fingers crossed all will go smoothly for you now....good luck!
Well its been 5 weeks and 3 days since theyve had my bankers draft etc...and just been in touch with TD Trust and its still not been cashed!

I know its all been signed for, but just want the draft to come out, so i at least know they are looking at our fast track application.
Do you think they are just backlogged at the minute? I realy thought it would have been cashed now and was starting to worry, but knowing yours hasn"t has made me feel a little better....god stress....who needs it?

But i can dream that next week they will open ours and cash it and get a bloody move on! God i need to have more patients!

Has your draft come out now?
Old Nov 14th 2008, 7:51 pm

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I have not hear anything yet either.

Its hard to know if to chase them or not as I know these things take time.

We are under a PNP application so the timescales should be a bit shorter, however we are supposed to submit our PR application by 26th Dec, it was there in plenty of time, but I would like to know they have it

We have confirmation that it was received by them by royal mail, but it does make you worry when you hear nothing back.

I am going to check again on Monday to see whether they have cashed the draft. As you say at least you know then that they have seen your envelope and done something with it
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

sas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond reputesas-lou has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to jump the thread .. kind of the same question ..

So you overpay the PR fees by $980 .. Mississiagua (whatever) are aware of the over payment .. how long to get the money back ???

Old Nov 15th 2008, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

We've not been to the bank yet to see, but as of last Thursday it had not we know that.

If its signed for then at least you know its in the building.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 7:32 am
Happy here..

Eve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sas-lou
Sorry to jump the thread .. kind of the same question ..

So you overpay the PR fees by $980 .. Mississiagua (whatever) are aware of the over payment .. how long to get the money back ???

I overpaid.Was told at Embassy we would have to wait between 4 to 6 weeks.
It arrived on the 6th week!
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Peter F
Was just wondering if you have had your draft cashed or heard anything yet.
Our fastrack pr application has been with them 6 weeks today and the draft still not cashed.
Brilliant news for nikki, she heard back realy quick, so makes me wonder if they are dealing with the pnp applications first then ours.....who knows but patients is not my strong point and just want to hear something back or at least cash my draft.
But nice to know other peoples updates to keep us in the picture or to stress me out more ha ha....

Hears to waiting!!!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Peter F
Was just wondering if you have had your draft cashed or heard anything yet.
Our fastrack pr application has been with them 6 weeks today and the draft still not cashed.
Brilliant news for nikki, she heard back realy quick, so makes me wonder if they are dealing with the pnp applications first then ours.....who knows but patients is not my strong point and just want to hear something back or at least cash my draft.
But nice to know other peoples updates to keep us in the picture or to stress me out more ha ha....

Hears to waiting!!!
The response we had from Canadian Immigration stated they had received and cashed it, we haven't been to the bank to double check, but if they say its all OK I take their word for it.

I faxed them asking had they received it, with my file number as reference and a contact email address, they quite quickly responded to my email address.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply pete.
Going to get my hubby to fax them today, but doubt they will reply as we have not got a file or refernce number to give them, but at least we feel like we are doing something.
you just start to stress when people who sent theres after you are getting medical requests, but as i keep telling myself it all depends on who picks your envelope up and dont know if they are dealing with the pnp applications 1st then fast track applications....who knows how they work it, but if they just cashed the draft at least i know its getting looked at. But will have to learn to be more patient with this whole immigration stuff.
Good luck with yours anyway and hope it all happens before xmas for you!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:36 pm

Thanks for the reply pete.
Going to get my hubby to fax them today, but doubt they will reply as we have not got a file or refernce number to give them, but at least we feel like we are doing something.
you just start to stress when people who sent theres after you are getting medical requests, but as i keep telling myself it all depends on who picks your envelope up and dont know if they are dealing with the pnp applications 1st then fast track applications....who knows how they work it, but if they just cashed the draft at least i know its getting looked at. But will have to learn to be more patient with this whole immigration stuff.
Good luck with yours anyway and hope it all happens before xmas for you!
Hi rossi1,

I'm sure it is where it needs to be and they have it all safely, hopefully you will get some sort of reply to the fax, just to put your mind at ease.

Good luck, keep us posted
Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Well Nikki, all my moaning has payed off, just called the bank and cic
cashed our draft today...yippee!
I know its a long way to go, but stops me being paranoid and worrying.
At least i know they actually opened it now.
How sad is my life turning in to with this pr stuff...getting excited over some one opening our envelope ha ha....
will keep you updated with any progress....