PR - Express Entry

Old May 17th 2019, 9:05 am
Just Joined

mvvmr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR - Express Entry

Hi,

I am Rajesh, 27 yrs old, male, from Bangalore, India.
I did my BE ( mechanical engg ) in India, MSc ( mechanical engg ) in UK ( 16 months course )
I returned to India, after the course completion. I tried and could not get a mechanical engg. job in India.
Went to Australia on a work permit ( 1 year ) and worked as a manufacturing associate.
Came back to India two months ago and planning to apply for PR in Canada.
Talked to an immigration consultant in ON. He is charging CAD 5000 ( under Express Entry in 6 months )
I have one year work experience in Australia.

Is it possible to get PR under Express Entry in 6 months ?
( few of my friends said it is not possible )

Please, let me know your views

Thank you

Last edited by mvvmr; May 17th 2019 at 9:11 am.
Old May 17th 2019, 10:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR - Express Entry

Hi, and welcome to BE.

First step is to work out if you're eligible or not. It will depend on your point score, as well as things like having enough for the proof of funds amount etc.

Start with the eligibility test on the CIC website - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html

Note that you'll need to have an ECA and IELTS to qualify, so just answer as if you have those for now (you can guess at your English test results), it's only to give you an idea.

If that says you're eligible to apply as a Federal Skilled Worker under EE, then the next step is to check your CRS score. Only those scoring high enough are selected from the pool and invited to apply for PR. You can check that here (again, just guess at your IELTS results for now) - Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

It's all very easy to do yourself, no need to spend thousands on a consultant unless you have complicated circumstances such as a criminal record or medical issues. 6 months is the average processing time for EE apps, but it could be longer.

HTH, good luck.
Old May 17th 2019, 1:01 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR - Express Entry

Welcome. Like Christmasooompa suggested, check your eligibility and work from there. Your age is definitely on the right side of 40 but where you might struggle is a lack of Canadian ties or work/life experience in both Canada and abroad.

Nobody can promise you an application turnaround time of under 6 months. It will depend on how straightforward your application is, should you qualify, and where you are in the world at the time of applying. Based on your OP, you're going to need educational assessments involving at least 2 countries as well which might not help to speed things up.

It's definitely not impossible to be approved for an immigrant visa within 6 months once your EE application has been fully submitted though. Many of us on here have managed that.