PR/CEC/CRS question.

Old Sep 24th 2021, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Curivan123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR/CEC/CRS question.

Just a quick question, As of February 2022. I will have been working in Canada for 12 months (currently on a 2 year LMIA visa, expires 2023) and I will looking to apply for PR next spring. As I will have had 1 year Canadian work experience (trade job) then I will qualify under the Canadian Experience Class. However when I still do my CRS score on cic website, it's around the 368 mark (418 with existing LMIA taken into consideration). I know this is just a guidance score, but if so, do I just need to wait until the score drops below 370 or 420 and then I should get an invitation to apply? Or is the scores calculated differently in someway for CEC.

Thanks
Old Sep 24th 2021, 4:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR/CEC/CRS question.

Originally Posted by Curivan123
Just a quick question, As of February 2022. I will have been working in Canada for 12 months (currently on a 2 year LMIA visa, expires 2023) and I will looking to apply for PR next spring. As I will have had 1 year Canadian work experience (trade job) then I will qualify under the Canadian Experience Class. However when I still do my CRS score on cic website, it's around the 368 mark (418 with existing LMIA taken into consideration). I know this is just a guidance score, but if so, do I just need to wait until the score drops below 370 or 420 and then I should get an invitation to apply? Or is the scores calculated differently in someway for CEC.

Thanks
If you have your Provincial Certificate of Qualification (presuming you have if you are working in a trade - plumbing?) or you have a 'valid job offer'- i,e, an LMIA - currently, you could apply now, under Skilled Worker (Trades) which has a lower points requirement). https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ed-trades.html If you qualify now, don't wait - you could miss out on a draw!

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 24th 2021 at 4:08 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 5:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, what she said. ^^^ I don't understand why you'd wait until next spring tbh, sounds like you're eligible under the FST program so don't delay - who knows what changes are around the corner!
Old Sep 24th 2021, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Curivan123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies 👍🏻
yeah I was thinking of doing it just now, but I was advised to get a year Canadian work experience first as this would help my PR.

I don’t think are they offering ITA to federal skilled workers the PR in the draw at the moment. I’ve only seen points against the CEC being drawn….the last FST draw was august 2020.

yeah I have an LMIA which is valid until Feb 2023 👍🏻

thanks again.

Last edited by Curivan123; Sep 24th 2021 at 9:52 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2021, 10:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Curivan123
Thanks for the replies 👍🏻
yeah I was thinking of doing it just now, but I was advised to get a year Canadian work experience first as this would help my PR.

I don’t think are they offering ITA to federal skilled workers the PR in the draw at the moment. I’ve only seen points against the CEC being drawn….the last FST draw was august 2020.

yeah I have an LMIA which is valid until Feb 2023 👍🏻

thanks again.
Who recommended you wait a year? Not an 'immigration consultant' I hope! (if it was, you might want to rethink using them)..

If you don't get an invite straight away your EE profile can be updated when you reach the 1 year of Canadian Experience anyway - why risk losing out on an invite now!

For example - it's a shame you didn't already have your EE profile in place - there was a Temporary Worker to Permanent Resident stream which opened in April, but it's now filled - that's how fast things can happen - so don't delay, get your application in

(just for information... )
Workers in Canada: essential, non-health care 30,000 We have reached the maximum number of applications for this stream.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...can-apply.html 7251 Plumbers

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 24th 2021 at 10:23 pm.