PR Cards - Rushed

Old Feb 9th 2016, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Cards - Rushed

I got my PR card today. Very dandy looking thing too. I landed on Oct 28th, so I would say that the processing time on the website is fairly accurate.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on your PR Card KuroKuro!

Fairly accurate or not ... I can't even get into the CIC website this morning!!
All the best,Siv
Old Feb 11th 2016, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

P4rv1n is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the PR card, thats fab news.
For me the CIC website was on a super go slow ysterday as well, anyway i kept at it and PR time lines have changed yet again.
For new first time PR cards, they have given 73 days (as opposed to the 107 days before)
For a renewal or replacement its 170 days, and they are working on applications receieved sept 10th 2015.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P4rv1n
For a renewal or replacement its 170 days, and they are working on applications receieved sept 10th 2015.
I can't speak for initial PR Cards, but 10th September was the timeline they had in place a week ago (before their system went haywire and reverted back to August a day or two after).
All the best,Siv
Old Feb 12th 2016, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Another change to the timelines this morning ...

PR Card (New):
42 Days
Last update: February 8, 2016

PR Renewals:
171 Days
Working on applications received on September 16, 2015.

All the best,
Siv

Last edited by SivoxII; Feb 12th 2016 at 8:01 pm. Reason: Weird problem, where everything wraps and ignores physical new lines in text???
Old Feb 12th 2016, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SivoxII
Another change to the timelines this morning ...

PR Card (New):
42 Days

PR Renewals:
171 Days
Working on applications received on September 16, 2015.

All the best,
Siv
Hmmm, given that timeline mine should have been processed 3 weeks ago. Before KuroKuro's was (who landed in Oct) .
This is messing with my head now.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely call them or send an email. So long as you're already outside the processing time they should be able to tell you what's going on. At the very least you'll have piece of mind that it's actually ongoing and hasn't gotten lost somewhere.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Although I am firmly committed to the Travel Document route on my return To Canada, I'm still curious on how long it takes from your application being sent to CIC, until the first point of confirmation (logged on their system with some type of 'heads up' from their end). My application arrived on their desk 5 weeks ago (tracking confirmation), so obviously a few months away from "in process" status, but would be nice to know that it's been at least recognised and everything is in order.

Kind Regards,
Siv
Old Feb 16th 2016, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

WeeGem is an unknown quantity at this point

The status on my PR Card Renewal changed today to Decision Made - Approved.

Application was received by CIC on 12th August 2015 - so about 188 days, pretty much what they stated.

WeeGem
Old Feb 16th 2016, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congrats on your PR Renewal WeeGem!

Yes indeed, 188 days ... of course, once you figure in mailing time, would that be closer to 200 days "all in" ?

Kind Regards,
Siv

P.S. Here is a handy calculator for folks looking to arrive at an easy 'number of days' count from start date to end date ... Calculate duration between two dates – results
Old Feb 16th 2016, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

The 73 odd days for a new (first time PR card), would anyone know if that length of time was only due to the new electronic PR cards being issued or does the process days tend to fluctuate, like it has from 73 days down to 43 days, or is there a pattern of processing times being around the 30/40 day mark?
Im debating when to actually go and 'activate' my PR.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P4rv1n
The 73 odd days for a new (first time PR card), would anyone know if that length of time was only due to the new electronic PR cards being issued or does the process days tend to fluctuate, like it has from 73 days down to 43 days, or is there a pattern of processing times being around the 30/40 day mark?
Im debating when to actually go and 'activate' my PR.
Only a person working at the CPC Sydney PR card processing could answer that.
Once you do the landing and CBSA enter that information into GCMS then the information is now electronically sent to CIC. Before the CPC waited for a copy of the landing document to be sent to them.
If the timeframe appears to be getting less then it seems like the new PR cards are now being produced the same way the old ones were so issuance times are now back to normal.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Only a person working at the CPC Sydney PR card processing could answer that.
Once you do the landing and CBSA enter that information into GCMS then the information is now electronically sent to CIC. Before the CPC waited for a copy of the landing document to be sent to them.
If the timeframe appears to be getting less then it seems like the new PR cards are now being produced the same way the old ones were so issuance times are now back to normal.
Thankyou FL as always, i know its abit like asking 'how long is a piece of string'.
Old Feb 16th 2016, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

WeeGem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SivoxII
Congrats on your PR Renewal WeeGem!

Yes indeed, 188 days ... of course, once you figure in mailing time, would that be closer to 200 days "all in" ?
Much to my surprise, my new card was waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

I received my PR card today also.
Landed 5th Dec so they do seem to be catching up.

For reference anyone worrying about the 'up to 6 weeks postage' quoted the card was printed on the 12th Feb so it took just a week to get to us.

Hoping everyone else who is waiting receives theirs soon too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.