PR Cards - Rushed

Old Feb 2nd 2016, 6:51 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Cards - Rushed

They also have a document checklist and VFS consent form you will need to fill out if you are sending it to the VAC and there are specific printing instructions (type of paper etc.,) so be aware of that too. (Forms - including the barcoded sheets - are to be printed on a white, bond quality, non-glossy paper, using a laser printer)

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 2nd 2016 at 6:55 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I would be printing on decent quality white matte paper on our laser printer before we head overseas.

I will be travelling with my wife (Canadian Citizen) ... so I do see that there are specific questions/support documents required, based on that single scenario.

I don't see any reference to "Permanent Resident" on the VAC link you provided?

One difference I see from a PR Application, is that the CIC Travel Document guide requires signing and dating the back of both photographs. Now, as Costco typically stamp their details on the back of one photo, would that cause any issues "in the eyes of the VAC in the UK" ?

Apologies if some of my queries sound like they just popped out of a cheap toaster, but my mind is "stressed and messed" right now.

Kind Regards,
Siv
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 12:55 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SivoxII
Yes, I would be printing on decent quality white matte paper on our laser printer before we head overseas.

I will be travelling with my wife (Canadian Citizen) ... so I do see that there are specific questions/support documents required, based on that single scenario.

I don't see any reference to "Permanent Resident" on the VAC link you provided?

One difference I see from a PR Application, is that the CIC Travel Document guide requires signing and dating the back of both photographs. Now, as Costco typically stamp their details on the back of one photo, would that cause any issues "in the eyes of the VAC in the UK" ?

Apologies if some of my queries sound like they just popped out of a cheap toaster, but my mind is "stressed and messed" right now.

Kind Regards,
Siv
Sorry, I gave you the FAQ page... this is for the 'in person' one, but the same applies to the mail in as well.

Canada Visa Information - United Kingdom - How To Apply
Submit Your Application In-Person
Step 1 :

Applications in all temporary resident categories (visitor, student and worker) and travel document applications from Canadian permanent residents in these countries (link) are accepted at the CVAC in London.
As for the photos, as long as they are taken within the last 6 months and have your name and d.o.b. written on the back, I don't think Costco even need to stamp them (It's your name, not your signature).

From the guide:
Two (2) photographs that meet the photo specifications (the name and date of birth of each applicant must be printed clearly on the back of each photograph)
I can understand your stress.. ask any questions you need to.

Old Feb 5th 2016, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Just for anyone sitting anxiously waiting for their new PR card - the average processing time has dropped from 105 days to 73 as of today!
Hopefully this means they are catching up with the backlog.
Old Feb 5th 2016, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly a little encouraging scotdownunder!
I also notice, as of this morning, that PR Renewals are down from 193 days a week ago, now stating that they are working on applications received on 10th September 2015, with 170 days on the count.
All the best,Siv
Old Feb 5th 2016, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

The call centre will be busy this morning with people now able to claim they're outside the processing time and want to get an answer from them about their applications!
Old Feb 5th 2016, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

P4rv1n is on a distinguished road

If they are speeding up the PR cards now, is it worth doing a quick 1-2 day trip to Toronto to activate residency so the ball gets rolling for my PR card, I'll need it by end of June (I know they can't guarantee or give a deadline), or else I fill in the PRTD
Old Feb 6th 2016, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by P4rv1n
If they are speeding up the PR cards now ...
I would love to share your enthusiasm, especially as I provided the September timeline above. However, looking at the PR Renewal timeline today, it appears to have gone "backwards" to 24th August?? .. unless it's a glitch on their end, as the "Updated Weekly" also reads 27th January.

So, I'd say they either found some ambition, or the system is a little unstable right now???

All the best,
Siv
Old Feb 6th 2016, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

P4rv1n is on a distinguished road

I would love to share your enthusiasm, especially as I provided the September timeline above. However, looking at the PR Renewal timeline today, it appears to have gone "backwards" to 24th August?? .. unless it's a glitch on their end, as the "Updated Weekly" also reads 27th January.

So, I'd say they either found some ambition, or the system is a little unstable right now???

All the best,
Siv

Oh boy - i shall stick to plan A then

Thankyou
Old Feb 6th 2016, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

All the best,
Siv
The "system" - if you mean Ecas - has always been "a little unstable" . Last time I used it, it was updated 3 months after I had the new card in hand...
Old Feb 6th 2016, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Shirtback!

This is the system I am keeping an eye on for processing times right now ... Check application processing times

In my case, PR Renewal timelines.

All the best,
Siv
Old Feb 6th 2016, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah there does seem to be a glitch of some sort in the system. As you said the last 'updated' date has reverted back to a week and a bit ago again.
Just when we were feeling a bit more reassured about the whole thing too.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Annnd this morning it's flipped back to the 73 days processing time but now with an updated date of the 1st February instead.

Beginning to think they have left the screen open somewhere and let out some racoons to update at their own leisure or something
Old Feb 8th 2016, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Indeed!
I now see the PR Renewal timeline has flipped back to 10th September, also updated on 1st February!!
So, can we be reassured that Raccoons are at the controls of new PR's and Coyotes take care of PR Renewals?
All the best,Siv
Old Feb 8th 2016, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Indeed!
I now see the PR Renewal timeline has flipped back to 10th September, also updated on 1st February!!
So, can we be reassured that Raccoons are at the controls of new PR's and Coyotes take care of PR Renewals?
All the best,Siv
Sounds about right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.