PR Cards and passport channels?

Old May 27th 2011, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Des and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Cards and passport channels?

Probably a silly question but......

We landed in Toronto last year. We now have our PR cards sent via friends in Canada to us in the UK. We are returning to Canada this summer. With our PR cards do we still have to go through the non-residents channel at passport control? Do we still need to complete an landing card?
Old May 27th 2011, 5:21 pm
New Scotland Girl

alexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nice
Default Re: PR Cards and passport channels?

Originally Posted by Des and Chris
Do we still need to complete an landing card?
I'm not sure about the passport line as in the Halifax airport there is only one line for everyone.

As for the landing card, EVERYONE has to fill it out even Canadian Citizens.
Old May 27th 2011, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

When I have flown to Toronto, there is only one real category of line. "All passports". Actually there is a second category, "Flight crew", but that is not of general interest.

On a somewhat related note: if you are DRIVING into Canada, there are often several lanes marked with a picture of a truck. Passenger cars can ALSO use that lane. They are sometimes empty and the other lanes have long queues, so it is a useful option.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bewillow
When I have flown to Toronto, there is only one real category of line. "All passports". Actually there is a second category, "Flight crew", but that is not of general interest.
I did think, although not sure, that going through Canadian immigration there were two sections -Canadian Residents and Non-Residents. It's like that in the UK for EU and Non-EU residents. As a permanent resident would we be able to join the Canadian Residents line? But as you say that might not be applicable if there are only 'All Passports' lines.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 4:11 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

I did think, although not sure, that going through Canadian immigration there were two sections -Canadian Residents and Non-Residents. It's like that in the UK for EU and Non-EU residents. As a permanent resident would we be able to join the Canadian Residents line? But as you say that might not be applicable if there are only 'All Passports' lines.

There is just one line for all at Toronto. Unless you are crew. There is a fast lane system right over on the right hand side, cant remember the name of it, but you have to be a citizen, and I think pay to belong to the fast track lane.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

When entering the US, there is US Citizens (which I think American Green Card holders can use), and OTHERS.

There is nothing like for Canadian immigration at the airports in Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers guys
X
Old Jun 5th 2011, 11:31 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
There is just one line for all at Toronto. Unless you are crew. There is a fast lane system right over on the right hand side, cant remember the name of it, but you have to be a citizen, and I think pay to belong to the fast track lane.
I think that is purely because there are so many foreigners living here. I have to admit that it did surprise me when I first arrived though and they have secondary immigration lines after that if you require processing.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 4:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I did think, although not sure, that going through Canadian immigration there were two sections -Canadian Residents and Non-Residents. It's like that in the UK for EU and Non-EU residents.
Not like that at all, in the UK there is one channel for EEA/Swiss citizens and another for everyone else. Occasionally there is a separate channel for UK permanent residents.

As a permanent resident would we be able to join the Canadian Residents line?
If you live in Canada, use the resident lane.