PR Cards Arriving Separately

Old Aug 20th 2010, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR Cards Arriving Separately

Hi All
We landed in Vancouver on 26th June. This week my husbands and daughters PR cards arrived together from our Canadian mail forwarding service, no sign of mine. I contacted the mail service and they said they have not received a third card as yet.
On another thread I was told that all family PR Cards should arrive together and that it means there is a problem with my card, so I should contact the CIC.
Is this right? Has anyone else landed in Vancouver as a family and received the cards separately?
Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 4:57 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Cards Arriving Separately

Hi

Originally Posted by ducktastic
Hi All
We landed in Vancouver on 26th June. This week my husbands and daughters PR cards arrived together from our Canadian mail forwarding service, no sign of mine. I contacted the mail service and they said they have not received a third card as yet.
On another thread I was told that all family PR Cards should arrive together and that it means there is a problem with my card, so I should contact the CIC.
Is this right? Has anyone else landed in Vancouver as a family and received the cards separately?
Thanks in advance.
1. They are all sent separately.
2. Give it another week or two and then contact the call centre.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

All four of ours that we have in our mitts arrived separately.

Mine is a re-do, like lots of others, but I had my letter explaining why (they are randomly picky about photos) in between the various card deliveries, so if there was a problem, you'd get told pretty sharpish.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 2:32 am
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

We landed at the beginning of May and the children and I received our cards at the beginning of July (all in separate envelopes), my husband got a letter a couple of weeks later saying that he had made a mistake on the form, we are still waiting for his card to arrive.....
Old Aug 21st 2010, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Thank you all. I will chill and wait it out for a few weeks...
Old Aug 21st 2010, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by debbiem
All four of ours that we have in our mitts arrived separately.

Mine is a re-do, like lots of others, but I had my letter explaining why (they are randomly picky about photos) in between the various card deliveries, so if there was a problem, you'd get told pretty sharpish.
Hi Debbie
you say yours arrived separately...do you remember the time frame between the cards arrival?
I am hoping beyond hope that there is nothing wrong and I am not a do-over!
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

all within a couple of weeks, including my letter.

(have re-sent with another photo, so back waiting again.)
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

all within a couple of weeks, including my letter.

(have re-sent with another photo, so back waiting again.)
Well after just spending 15 mins on hold I got through to the Call Centre, and they confirmed that my card was sent for 'special review' (sounds scary) but is all fine and has been all cleared and sent to production on the 25th August, so I should receive it in a few weeks....phew.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 5:53 am
FSW Cat 1

amrskipro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clematis
We landed at the beginning of May and the children and I received our cards at the beginning of July (all in separate envelopes), my husband got a letter a couple of weeks later saying that he had made a mistake on the form, we are still waiting for his card to arrive.....
How could they say that your husband had made a mistake on a form that CIC fill out (typed) and is completed by the IO ticking the details off as they match it to one's passport and answer three questions??

I mean initial, initial, sign and sign within the box are pretty straight forward nad checked by the IO?

Just curious as I am now in the 'wait for my PR card' mode.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ducktastic
my card was sent for 'special review'
Special review, eh? Ok, fess up, what did you do on your landing trip? Tell us the whole story.....

I am sure you will get it soon enough, but I know this waiting game is no fun.

Ray
Old Sep 4th 2010, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by raymasa
Special review, eh? Ok, fess up, what did you do on your landing trip? Tell us the whole story.....

I am sure you will get it soon enough, but I know this waiting game is no fun.

Ray
Well now that would be telling..
Old Sep 17th 2010, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

ibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Hi PMM

Whats the number for the call centre? I could see only mailing addresses but no phone number on the CIC website as I am still waiting for my daughter PR card....we all got ours except hers.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 5:42 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by ibbye13
Hi PMM

Whats the number for the call centre? I could see only mailing addresses but no phone number on the CIC website as I am still waiting for my daughter PR card....we all got ours except hers.

1-888-242-2100 Only in Canada. From outside Canada +1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

finally got mine today - a month or so after everyone else
Old Sep 17th 2010, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

finally got mine today - a month or so after everyone else
That is fantastic! What a relief for you
I am still waiting. I spoke to them on the 3rd Sept and they said it was sent to production on the 25th August and would be with me in a few weeks. I am resisting the urge to call them again, I will give it another 2 weeks and if nothing will call back, a girl can only hold out for so long

PS thought I had posted this reply already, had a few babychams, so apologies if two posts that look kinda similar appear (hic)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.