British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   PR Cards (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/pr-cards-865046/)

sms1984 Sep 11th 2015 5:39 pm

PR Cards

Hi,

Is anyone else past the 8 week PR card waiting time? We landed on July 7th and still don't have ours. No biggie I guess but my son fly's to the UK twice a year and it would be nice if he had it for his next trip so I don't have to write letters etc.

TIA

debhinds Sep 11th 2015 6:19 pm

Re: PR Cards

Originally Posted by sms1984 (Post 11746002)
Hi,

Is anyone else past the 8 week PR card waiting time? We landed on July 7th and still don't have ours. No biggie I guess but my son fly's to the UK twice a year and it would be nice if he had it for his next trip so I don't have to write letters etc.

TIA

Hey sms1984,My hubby landed on July 7th also,we still have abit of a wait yet.Its posted at 92 days on CIC i think,so another month to wait.

sms1984 Sep 11th 2015 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by debhinds (Post 11746048)
Hey sms1984,My hubby landed on July 7th also,we still have abit of a wait yet.Its posted at 92 days on CIC i think,so another month to wait.

Ahh right thanks, I was just going by what the CBSA officer told us :)

Young163 Sep 11th 2015 9:35 pm

Landed on 13th June, received PR card today.

Young163 Sep 11th 2015 9:43 pm

Hi,

TIA

Our son went back to UK for holidays from Calgary before he got his card. He took his COPR letter with him, on coming back into Canada got a big of stick from Immigration Officer for not having card, but when he tongue in cheek said wasn't his fault it too so long to get a PR card, the very nice immigration officer lady just smiled and let him through.

I came back from UK last week from Glasgow, was asked for card in GlAsgow before I boarded plane, showed them copy of COPR and let on flight. On entering YYT was asked for card explained hadn't yet got it and let in no problem.

sms1984 Sep 11th 2015 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Young163 (Post 11746187)
Our son went back to UK for holidays from Calgary before he got his card. He took his COPR letter with him, on coming back into Canada got a big of stick from Immigration Officer for not having card, but when he tongue in cheek said wasn't his fault it too so long to get a PR card, the very nice immigration officer lady just smiled and let him through.

I came back from UK last week from Glasgow, was asked for card in GlAsgow before I boarded plane, showed them copy of COPR and let on flight. On entering YYT was asked for card explained hadn't yet got it and let in no problem.

My son flies as an unaccompanied minor so just like to make sure he has all he needs before he leaves me :)

Young163 Sep 12th 2015 12:38 am

Originally Posted by sms1984 (Post 11746222)
My son flies as an unaccompanied minor so just like to make sure he has all he needs before he leaves me :)

Sorry didn't realise that. They do seem to be processing the cards more or less within time frame on website. Fingers crossed your son gets his before he goes back to UK.

palmerq Sep 12th 2015 1:57 am

Hi,

TIA

I totally forgot about the pr card, I landed at the end of may(around the 27th) and I still haven't heard or found anything in the mail about it :S.... who do you contact about this ?

confused_uk Sep 12th 2015 9:15 am

We landed mid April and have still not received them

sms1984 Sep 12th 2015 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Young163 (Post 11746292)
Sorry didn't realise that. They do seem to be processing the cards more or less within time frame on website. Fingers crossed your son gets his before he goes back to UK.

snuggs Sep 13th 2015 4:40 pm

I got my PR card about 3 months after Landing.... remember that the processing in times on the CIC website are only 'work days' so weekends dont count in the total number :)

Mikeypm Sep 13th 2015 5:03 pm

We landed 27th March,to PR cards mid may. We must have been lucky or get in before the rush

dave_j Sep 14th 2015 2:05 pm

It's clear that you have to expect the unexpected.
My wife and I achieved PR as sponsored parents with myself as the principle applicant.
I received my PR card some months ago and assumed, until recently, that my wife's had either become lost or was subject to a pile waiting on some desk or other,
On contacting CIC she was told that her PR card was not sent because they had no address for her and unlike the COPR they were apparently reluctant to send her PR card with mine.

Siouxie Sep 15th 2015 4:07 am

New residents are at 82 days processing.

"... Note: If you live inside Canada and if it has been longer than the time shown above since you applied, please contact the Call Centre. Call Centre agents cannot speed up the process of your application or make decisions on your case ..."

Processing times: Permanent Resident Card

Might be as well to check that you have your Canadian address on file?

:)

MrsKickasso Sep 17th 2015 12:42 pm

I landed 4th July, PR card arrived a couple of days a go. Total time 74 days