PR card from UK

Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

john456 has a brilliant futurejohn456 has a brilliant futurejohn456 has a brilliant futurejohn456 has a brilliant futurejohn456 has a brilliant futurejohn456 has a brilliant future
Default PR card from UK

Hi Folks,
After for some advice...We 'landed' as a family in October last year ..it was all a bit of a rush as visa about to expire, and returned back to the UK after 48 hours.

The immigration officer gave us some contact numbers to call if we want our PR card sent to our home address in the UK(he assured us that this is not unusual) and we do not need to provide a Canadian address if we do not have one.

The plan is to return back permanently tail end of the summer, so just trying to get things rolling.

The problem now is that I have tried calling the number only to hear the dreaded number not available. Both numbers are toll free numbers so I am presuming that is the reason why!!

However, I cannot seem to find any other number that is not toll free in the 'welcome to Canada' booklet.

I have trawled through the cic website with no joy.

Any advice / comments contact numbers kindly appreciated.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:59 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR card from UK

Hi

Originally Posted by john456
Hi Folks,
After for some advice...We 'landed' as a family in October last year ..it was all a bit of a rush as visa about to expire, and returned back to the UK after 48 hours.

The immigration officer gave us some contact numbers to call if we want our PR card sent to our home address in the UK(he assured us that this is not unusual) and we do not need to provide a Canadian address if we do not have one.

The plan is to return back permanently tail end of the summer, so just trying to get things rolling.

The problem now is that I have tried calling the number only to hear the dreaded number not available. Both numbers are toll free numbers so I am presuming that is the reason why!!

However, I cannot seem to find any other number that is not toll free in the 'welcome to Canada' booklet.

1. PR cards are not delivered outside Canada, only to Canadian addresses.
2. If you don't supply CIC a Canadian address within 6 months of "landing" then you have to reapply for the PR cards in Canada and pay the fee.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

john456 has a brilliant futurejohn456 has a brilliant futurejohn456 has a brilliant futurejohn456 has a brilliant futurejohn456 has a brilliant futurejohn456 has a brilliant future

Thanks PMM for the reply...Do I just my send my request to the CIC website address or is their a specific departmental address for PR cards.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 6:39 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

You will have to reapply for your PR card when you comeback and then will have to wait 9 months to get them.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:04 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by john456
Hi Folks,

Sounds like your Immigration Officer gave you some pretty duff information. It's likely to take you ages to get new ones now! Bad luck..