PR Card timescales

Old Oct 14th 2011, 1:22 am
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Card timescales

I landed on Wednesday, Saskatoon CIC reckon I'll get the card in 3 months
Old Oct 14th 2011, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Juliet C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
SO - I am off to LA on Tuesday til saturday - my PR card is yet to arrive - due in November (first one not a renewal).

I rang CIC as stated earlier - they said I need to go ot CIC in LA and get a permit to travel to return back to canada - pfft an only there for 3 days dont really want to spend my time arseing around in the visa office!

Just tried ringing LA cic - OH no no no no no, you cant talk to any one there - so i have emailed them . . . . .this is the response:
We have received your email to the Consulate General of Canada's
Immigration Section in Los Angeles and will review it shortly. Please
note: if the information requested is available on our websites
(www.losangeles.gc.ca or www.cic.gc.ca), or your application is still
within standard processing times
(www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp"http://www.cic.gc.ca/en
glish/information/times/index.asp), we will not provide a response to your
message.

Fantastic - so lok again on website - processing time for a PRTD - 3 months!! WTF!! thats the same time as the PR card issue !
and $75
now what do it do??
I asked in my email how long and how much - so they will probably not answer me - but that was for people with expired, lost or stolen PR cards - mine isnt - its just not here yet!

So am going any way and we shall see what happens on my return - or not return - wish me luck!
Please let me know how you get on, my husband is in exactly same position as you, I have phoned and emailed various as you have with no response so he is going to just go early Nov and risk it (unless his card comes in the mean time which I doubt it)

Good luck

Juliet
Old Oct 14th 2011, 3:24 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

A friend just sent me this link - I am travelling Air canada: I may be saved!!

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...traveldoc.html main bit says:

Permanent resident (PR) cards

Only Canadian permanent residents from non visa-waiver countries travelling outside Canada are required to carry a valid Canadian permanent resident (PR) card or a valid visa, in addition to a valid passport, to return to Canada by commercial carrier. The PR card provides proof of your immigration status. Without it, you will not be allowed to board the carrier back to Canada. Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents from visa-waiver countries do not need a PR card.

yay - Uk is a visa waiver country -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

but am printing it all of just in case!!
Old Oct 14th 2011, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

It is nice that Air Canada wants to interpret it that way, but I do not think that matches the official Canadian rules...
Old Oct 14th 2011, 4:10 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bewillow;9674314]It is nice that Air Canada wants to interpret it that way, but I do not think that matches the official Canadian rules...[/QUOTE

Maybe not but if that's what theu have put I am goinmg with it! ]
Old Oct 14th 2011, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

just commenting so I can remember this thread!

Good luck on your trip . Ill be in the same situation in a month or so and want to see how yours turns out. I would be surprised if there is a problem though.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

lehal1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JGK
Hi, I live in London, we landed in Vancouver on 10th June 2011, we are still waiting for our PR cards to arrive. Apparently it will now take 4months for it to arrive as they have a huge backlog.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 4:54 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by lehal1
Hi, I live in London, we landed in Vancouver on 10th June 2011, we are still waiting for our PR cards to arrive. Apparently it will now take 4months for it to arrive as they have a huge backlog.

As the processing time is 39 business days, and you haven't received yours, then there is a problem. Contact the call centre 1-888-242-2100
Old Oct 20th 2011, 12:26 am
half a century

So I have made it to LA- let's see about getting back into Canada!
Old Oct 20th 2011, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
So I have made it to LA- let's see about getting back into Canada!
Good luck - I'm following this one as I may have to travel to the US on business soon and am still waiting for my PR card. Surely there won't be any problem if you have your COPR document?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 11:11 am
Just Joined

lehal1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

As the processing time is 39 business days, and you haven't received yours, then there is a problem. Contact the call centre 1-888-242-2100
Hi,
Can I call this number from England?
Old Oct 20th 2011, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lehal1
Hi,
Can I call this number from England?
Give it a try. But it will likely not work. Does not work from Skype either. If you get a VOIP phone from Canada, e.g. vonage, then it would work.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chobert
Good luck - I'm following this one as I may have to travel to the US on business soon and am still waiting for my PR card. Surely there won't be any problem if you have your COPR document?
Once you get to the Canadian border guard, you should never have a problem. Your COPR and their computer records will set them straight. The only real issue is if the airline people want proof that you can reside in Canada - a COPR may not convince them.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 1:06 am
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

I agree that there must be some kind of problem, it shouldn't take that long for your card to arrive.
I landed at Peace Arch, BC, on Aug 20th and my PR card arrived in the mail today, pretty much bang on the timescale as per the CIC website.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 1:11 am
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JGK
When I landed in August, I was told by the officer that I should expect my PR card to arrive in approx 6 weeks. It arrived today, one day shy of exactly 8 weeks but bang on the timescale according to the CIC website. Not sure why they told you 3 months!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.