PR Card still not arrived

Old Sep 8th 2011, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Matt Lazenby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Card still not arrived

Hey there everyone,

My PR was approved and I got my papers approx 3 months ago, but I still haven't received my card. They said initially it'd be 6-8 weeks but I haven't heard since. Is it worth calling to check up on, or is this a normal delay I shouldn't worry about?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Matt
Old Sep 8th 2011, 2:25 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Card still not arrived

Hi

Originally Posted by Matt Lazenby
Hey there everyone,

My PR was approved and I got my papers approx 3 months ago, but I still haven't received my card. They said initially it'd be 6-8 weeks but I haven't heard since. Is it worth calling to check up on, or is this a normal delay I shouldn't worry about?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Matt

Time to check, with call centre 1-888-242-2100
Old Sep 8th 2011, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

I landed in March and still haven't got mine!! I haven't received a letter either saying there is a problem with my photo etc.

I returned to the UK while we sold our property and have now arrived again in Canada - this time permanently! Arrived in NS mid August and there was no problem at immigration - I explained I'd landed previously and showed my visa in my passport and my confirmation of permanent residency document.

I went to Service Canada today to get my Social Insurance Number. Again, all I needed was the passport and PR document. I did ask about the PR card and was told that they think there is a backlog of over 6 months!!!!

I have tried calling that number on a couple of occasions however it hasn't been possible to speak to anyone due to volume of calls! I shall however keep trying and will report back if any joy...

Don't worry folks ... the card itself is obviously nice to have however once you have landed you are in their system so should not encounter any difficulties...
Old Sep 8th 2011, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Scotjames is on a distinguished road

I landed in April 2010 and am still waiting for my PR card
3 sets of photos later plus many phone calls and another $50 fee and still waiting , last time I submitted a fresh set of photos in May this year and following a few telephone calls about 50 days after photos were sent I was informed my resubmitted PR card application is in the 120 day pile
Why can't they sort out long delays with PR cards