PR card renewal timeline

Old May 30th 2018, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR card renewal timeline

Just a heads up to people taking their time to renew their PR card.

On May 11th in the morning, the processing time was 99 days. They were working on applications from Jan 25th.
By the time I applied in the afternoon the wait had gone up to 104 days. It was still 104 days on May 15th when my application was signed for in Sydney.

They have had my application now for 15 days and processing has now gone up to 115 days. They are now processing applications from Jan 29th.

They have processed 5 days worth of applications in 15 days.

Im guessing at this rate that I might get my new card by Christmas but no guarantee.
Old May 30th 2018, 6:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR card renewal timeline

Originally Posted by DandNHill

On May 11th in the morning, the processing time was 99 days. They were working on applications from Jan 25th.
By the time I applied in the afternoon the wait had gone up to 104 days. It was still 104 days on May 15th when my application was signed for in Sydney.

They have had my application now for 15 days and processing has now gone up to 115 days. They are now processing applications from Jan 29th.

Im guessing at this rate that I might get my new card by Christmas but no guarantee.
How far in advance can you apply for renewal?
Old May 30th 2018, 6:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
How far in advance can you apply for renewal?
The website says to apply if within 6 months of expiry.

Just as an aside, for Canada's Old Age Security, it says to apply 11 months prior to the qualifying date.
Old May 30th 2018, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

I Send my PR renewal back in November 2017 and still waiting., when I sent the paperwork in it was 90 day processing. My PR card expired in March 2018.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 30th 2018 at 7:17 pm. Reason: Fixed quote
Old May 30th 2018, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vickysteve
I Send my PR renewal back in November 2017 and still waiting., when I sent the paperwork in it was 90 day processing. My PR card expired in March 2018.

OMG that’s insane. I feel that I’m being held to ransom!!!

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 30th 2018 at 7:19 pm. Reason: quote cocked up
Old May 30th 2018, 7:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I had good intentions to apply for my renewal in Jan as it expires in July, but I kept forgetting, filled out the paperwork in March, and thinking about getting photos done, but may as well wait until I can pay the processing fee and postage...lol

But yes I notice the time frame going up, vacations and all that, and maybe there are a higher number of cards expiring in summer?

Last time I renewed I was over a year late.
Old May 30th 2018, 7:03 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Not to wind anyone up but I did my last renewal July last year. Processing times were something like 84 days and I got it back within a couple of days either side of the time.

Tracking is useless, though, because it only shows up on the system when they start working on it and if it's straightforward (like mine - no dates outside Canada) it's done and with you in about 5 days of when they start. So in my case I spent 80 days seeing nothing, then something and then it was delivered.
Old May 30th 2018, 7:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Daughter applied in October...she’s still waiting.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 30th 2018 at 7:19 pm.
Old May 30th 2018, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

But the site says they’re working on Jan 29th??
Old May 30th 2018, 7:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I know.
Old May 30th 2018, 7:48 pm
Oscar nominated

I know.
If she applied three months before the ones they are working on that either suggests there's something specific holding it up - something they have queried, so has she had any enquiry - or they don't have it.
Or got it but misplaced it.
Old May 31st 2018, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BristolUK
If she applied three months before the ones they are working on that either suggests there's something specific holding it up - something they have queried, so has she had any enquiry - or they don't have it.
Or got it but misplaced it.

I know for sure they got my forms, I can view my case online ,They started processing in the 18th Febuary 2018
Old May 31st 2018, 5:18 pm
Oscar nominated

I know for sure they got my forms, I can view my case online ,They started processing in the 18th Febuary 2018
So that's you and JG's daughter from October and November while the site says they are processing those from the end of January.

From my experience last July, my application sat somewhere for the best part of three months waiting for its turn and was then received by me within a week of processing starting...all within the stated processing time frame. Unless you've heard something from them or, alternatively, know it was going to be complicated, I'd be getting seriously worried that they had issued a renewal card that had gone missing somewhere or that the start of the processing had been input into the computer system but the application form itself had been misplaced and missed its turn.