Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Card Renewal - Online Application?

Wikiposts

PR Card Renewal - Online Application?

Old Aug 27th 2023, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

jaminsk1 will become famous soon enough
Default PR Card Renewal - Online Application?

Hi

I applied for citizenship at the beginning of the year & have noticed that my PR card has now expired. Everything looked to be moving very quickly for the citizenship until the strike & I haven't seen any movement on the application since April (all tests etc complete - just waiting for Physical Presence & Language Skills to be complete). I had thought that doing the citizenship test was the last step but I completed that in March - is there order that they need to complete the steps or has that changed now?

I had hoped to have had my citizenship confirmed so I wouldn't need to renew the PR card but realise that I can be waiting for a while so have decided to renew. I've been back on the site & thought I had renewed online before but I can't seem to see anything there now but I know that sometimes links can get buried away on pages - especially when they change / update them.

Is there a way to apply for PR card renewal online or does it have to be submitted via traditional paperwork / snail mail? I had a look at the PR portal & it just looks like it was for new applications?

Many thanks in advance

james

Last edited by jaminsk1; Aug 27th 2023 at 7:56 am.
Old Aug 27th 2023, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

puggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nicepuggirl is just really nice
Default Re: PR Card Renewal - Online Application?

the online portal was a non stop problem for us first submitted on 29th dec 2022 and rejected twice because they couldnt see my identification which i could see in the file my end when i went on the portal,I finally sent my paper application and it was recieved on the 27th of feb 2023 and i got an email to finally pick up my card this week we had been in the same position submitted our citizenship last march 2022 the processing time was 11 months so we didnt renew our pr becuse we hoped to have the citizenship but we had no updates since april 2022 we had a trip booked to iceland in may 23 we had to return via boston in the end and cross the land border i cannot wait to have my citizenship and never have to do this again
Old Aug 29th 2023, 11:41 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute

You can renew a PR card online, I did that very thing last year:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...w-replace.html
Old Oct 23rd 2023, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

jaminsk1 will become famous soon enough

wanted to update on this in case anyone else is renewing at the moment.

I renewed via post / snail mail & was expecting to have to wait a couple of months based on the waiting times shown on the site so I was pleasantly surprised when I received my new card just over a week later

Old Oct 23rd 2023, 7:16 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the quick turn around.
Old Dec 7th 2023, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

yakkiebush is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: PR Card Renewal - Online Application?

[QUOTE=jaminsk1;13223001]wanted to update on this in case anyone else is renewing at the moment.

I renewed via post / snail mail & was expecting to have to wait a couple of months based on the waiting times shown on the site so I was pleasantly surprised when I received my new card just over a week later [/QUOTEHello
couldnt find the linky to print out the papers.
as I’m to thick to do it online.
did you print the application forms out from the website.
Thank you
Old Dec 9th 2023, 6:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yakkiebush
[Hello
couldnt find the linky to print out the papers.
as I’m to thick to do it online.
did you print the application forms out from the website.
Thank you
Here you go - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-to-apply.html

HTH.