Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Card renewal - Incomplete application....?

PR Card renewal - Incomplete application....?

Old Apr 16th 2010, 2:53 pm
Canadians!!

Jo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to all
Default PR Card renewal - Incomplete application....?

Just wondering if anybody can help me with some timelines here... I just sent out our application for our expired PR card renewal. Did my payment online, and just as I was finishing, my internet died, but luckily, I had my receipt on screen! So I printed it, and mailed the application out. Now my internet is back, and I just realized what I mailed is NOT the receipt CIC wants!!! It was just some credit card confirmation print out.

So my question is: is there anything I can do? Can I mail the official receipt separately?

If not, what's going to happen now? I'm thinking they will most likely return my application for being incomplete, but how long will that take: i.e. how long does it take for somebody to actually open the envelope and look at the papers? My concern is that the processing time is now ~3 months. We are travelling abroad in a bit over 4 months from now, I thought I was being cautious by allowing an extra month for processing, but is one month enough for the application to come back to me and be resubmitted?

If anybody had their PR card renewal application returned recently, I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know how long it took for CIC to decide it was incomplete... Thanks!
Old Apr 16th 2010, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all
Default Re: PR Card renewal - Incomplete application....?

I dont knnow the answer, but call them to explain the sitaution and ask how to proceed:

1-888-242-2100

Ray
Old Apr 19th 2010, 1:46 am
Canadians!!

Jo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to allJo&Alex is a name known to all

Thank you for your advice.

After spending the whole weekend thinking about being SO DUMB, I called CIC this morning. The really, really nice phone agent said that I would not hear from CIC in about three months. So, sometime in July I should expect a letter, and it could be:
1. My whole application being returned for being incomplete
2. A letter from CIC requesting the official receipt
3. A letter informing me where to pick up the card

.......... well, that certainly puts my mind at ease.

But the lady was SO NICE, I can't get myself to be even a tiny little bit upset.

The decision to either accept the receipt I enclosed (I checked, it has ALL the information contained on the official receipt and some more...), or request the other receipt, or return the whole thing will be taken by the agent who reviews my application. And that won't happen until July.

The good news is that she confirmed that even if I get the whole thing back, one month should be enough to get our cards via the URGENT processing.

Oh well. I'll try to send some good vibe to all the agents, so that they are all very happy and decide to accept the wrong receipt enclosed by some loopy lady with poor quality internet service.

In the meantime: IT'S SPRING!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Hope you get the card soon, without them having to send it back as incomplete. In the meantime, enjoy the spring.....

Ray
Old Apr 19th 2010, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Yasmina2005 will become famous soon enoughYasmina2005 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: PR Card renewal - Incomplete application....?

Here is my timeline for my PR card Renewal Application:

1- I sent my PR renewal card application on Jan 7th, 2010 from Vancouver

2- They received it on Jan 14th, 2010

3- I received a letter from them on Jan 22nd, 2010 telling me that they need other supporting documents.

4- I sent the supporting documents on Jan 24th, 2010

5- They received these documents on Jan 28th, 2010

6- On March 16th, 2010, a letter from CIC arrived telling me I have to pick up my new PR card in person on March 27th, 2010.

NB:

1- I wrote a note on the enveloppe I sent on Jan7th requesting CIC to speed up processing my card as I need it by the end of March, first week of April at the latest. I mentioned that I had to go to my University in the US by then. I did not include a confirmed airline reservation because I was not sure which day I would be leaving.

2- When I applied on Jan 7th, I included among the documents a copy of the "confirmation of permanent residence=IMM5292". It was not accepted because what I provided was not signed. When I landed first time, i signed the IMM5292 in front of the immigration officer. The gentlman did not give me a copy after I signed it. What I had is IMM 5292 that I copied before landing.

Luckily, they accept other supporting documents instead of the IMM 5292. I sent my most recent Income Tax assessment and a copy of my provincial ID.

And just in case, I would need in the future a copy of the landing document that verifies my entry, I applied for this copy on Jan 26th, 2010. I was told it takes 6 months. Anyway, I am not worried about it now because I already have my new PR card and I will be applying for the Citizenship next Feb of 2011. So, hopefully by then I have my copy of the landing document. It seems it is needed when applying for citizenship.

Hope this helps and gives you an idea...

Yasmina

Last edited by Yasmina2005; Apr 19th 2010 at 1:56 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:07 am
Canadians!!

Thank you very much, I appreciate your post Yasmina! It actually went pretty fast for you, but since I didn't tag our application as urgent, I'm thinking it will most likely take much longer.... Nothing to do but WAIT and see. Just checked, and at least my IMM forms are signed

What is all this backlog anyway? Last time I checked it was 3-5 weeks, and now it's 98 days!
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:50 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

The backlog is associated with the implementation of the 'new' PR card. As I posted elsewhere my PR card renewal timeline was as follows:
  • Application sent by courier 18th March.
  • Received 19th March
  • Processing started 22nd March. PR card approved 23rd March.
  • Letter calling me to 'interview' at my local CIC office sent 25th March.
  • Interview and picked up PR card on 13th April.

Note that I marked the envelope: 'Urgent - Proof of Travel enclosed' as per the expedited processing procedure on the CIC website.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 5:26 am
Canadians!!

Thank you very much. From your posts it seems like the expedited process does work, and even if our application is returned we should have time to resubmit and get the cards on time.

Waiting time went up again, it's 105 days today.... People are probably trying to get their cards for summer travel. Oh well, being patient is one thing we certainly get to practice a lot.