PR Card Renewal checklist

Old Oct 3rd 2018, 11:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR Card Renewal checklist

So I have everything ready to go for the PR card renewal except the document checklist which wont open for me, when I click the link on the governments website, I just get a please wait screen, every other pdf file opens for me fine, just not that one.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ir...s/imm5644e.pdf

Its the link above that i can't get to open.

I have checked for updates for adobe and says no update needed.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Oct 4th 2018 at 12:00 am.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 1:48 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Card Renewal checklist

Same for me, but try this one
https://www.itscanadatime.com/app/up...ident-Card.pdf
Old Oct 4th 2018, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful. That checklist is out of date. The latest version is 08-2017.

When you see the "Please wait ..." message, download the form to a folder on your computer.
Then go to that folder on your computer and open from there. Do not open in your browser.
Ask someone to help at the library or similar if you can't make this work.
Old Oct 4th 2018, 2:56 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Another way is to uninstall Adobe READER and then download Reader DC... make sure to uninstall reader first.

https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/
Old Oct 4th 2018, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
So I have everything ready to go for the PR card renewal except the document checklist which wont open for me, when I click the link on the governments website, I just get a please wait screen, every other pdf file opens for me fine, just not that one.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve it?

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ir...s/imm5644e.pdf

Its the link above that i can't get to open.

I have checked for updates for adobe and says no update needed.
Very common on the CIC site and the workaround is very easy. Described here in the spousal sponsorship wiki

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...at_can_I_do.3F
Old Oct 4th 2018, 1:53 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Very common on the CIC site and the workaround is very easy. Described here in the spousal sponsorship wiki

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...at_can_I_do.3F

What Snowy said then
Old Oct 4th 2018, 7:09 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Be careful. That checklist is out of date. The latest version is 08-2017.
I'm curious...is it actually different to the 2016 version? I googled the form number and the one I posted came up. I happened to have my renewal application from July 2017 saved, so I was able to double check it was the same.

Even if the 2017 version was the same, I wouldn't put it past CIC to see 2016 at the bottom instead 2017 and reject an application. So best to take Snowy's advice and not take a chance
Old Oct 4th 2018, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

The Application form itself (IMM5444) is 08-2016 but the Checklist (IMM5644) is 08-2017.
Old Oct 5th 2018, 12:39 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Snowy560
The Application form itself (IMM5444) is 08-2016 but the Checklist (IMM5644) is 08-2017.
That seems a little bizarre, having the same print/version of the application form but updating (if only the year at the bottom) the check list...unless there had been some sort of change in it.

But it was the check list I was wondering about. Is the one with 2017 at the bottom actually different to the 2016 one? If it was the same, would CIC reject it simply because it wasn't the "latest one" with 2017 on? The cynic in me wouldn't be surprised.