British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   PR Card Renewal - Canada Post don't recognize CIC Sydney post code (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/pr-card-renewal-canada-post-dont-recognize-cic-sydney-post-code-939484/)

Hbee Jul 9th 2021 12:03 am

PR Card Renewal - Canada Post don't recognize CIC Sydney post code

Hi all,

I just tried to send my PR Card renewal forms at Canada Post, where they told me the Post code on my envelope for CIC didn't match their database, so they couldn't send it?

The address I used was:
P.O. Box 10020
Sydney, NS
B1P 7C1

Has anyone else come across this issue??

PMM Jul 9th 2021 1:56 am

Re: PR Card Renewal - Canada Post don't recognize CIC Sydney post code

Originally Posted by Hbee (Post 13027447)
Hi all,
Hi

I just tried to send my PR Card renewal forms at Canada Post, where they told me the Post code on my envelope for CIC didn't match their database, so they couldn't send it?

The address I used was:
P.O. Box 10020
Sydney, NS
B1P 7C1

1. Well someone at the post office is wrong. That is the address and postal code listed in the application. Also if you put the Postal Code in the Code finder, that's the application that pops up.

Hbee Jul 9th 2021 3:19 am

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 13027459)
1. Well someone at the post office is wrong. That is the address and postal code listed in the application. Also if you put the Postal Code in the Code finder, that's the application that pops up.

Haha yeah that was my gut instinct, but she said she'd had problems with their postcode before. I think I'll try a different post office tomorrow!

OrangeMango Jul 9th 2021 7:34 am

I recall this from the citizenship application. Is there any reason why they have chosen the remote Sydney NS and are hiding behind a P.O. Box?

I was in Sydney once. I think that office is in Dorchester Street?

Siouxie Jul 9th 2021 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Hbee (Post 13027469)
Haha yeah that was my gut instinct, but she said she'd had problems with their postcode before. I think I'll try a different post office tomorrow!

You could send it by courier (at least you would know it got there).. that has a direct address..

Case Processing Centre – PR Card
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Hbee Jul 9th 2021 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Hbee (Post 13027447)
Hi all,

The address I used was:
P.O. Box 10020
Sydney, NS
B1P 7C1

UPDATE:

Took it to a different Canada Post branch and they sent it no problem 🙃