PR card renewal but stuck in UK

Old May 28th 2020, 7:22 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR card renewal but stuck in UK

I think that laser 558's real name is Domanic Cummings and Goings.
Old May 28th 2020, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

laser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud of

you have almost a year before your PR card expires - "the third week of May, 2021" - you can return at any time before then - you just won't RENEW your PR card until you have met the 2 years in 5 (you will have to stay in Canada until you reach that point). You won't be turned away with a valid PR card... and yours will be until May 2021!

Hello, I am not aware of this. So just so my befuddled brain is not confused, I could return to Canada say in September, stay there, beyond the validity of my PR card and reapply for it once I have met the 730 days within the past five years? So this does not take into account when the card was actually valid from? Thank you. Sorry I don't know how to pick up a section of your reply and use it as a quote, so I hope you understand.
Old May 28th 2020, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You could return in September HOWEVER if it is established on the date you return that you do not meet the 730 day residency obligation you could be reported and issued with a removal order and the right to appeal it. A valid PR card doesn't mean you meet the residency obligation just that it is valid until X date. You are still deemed to be a PR at the time of entry so CBSA have to admit you but it does not preclude the officer from reporting you.
Nobody can say for sure what will or won't happen when you decide to return to Canada but if you actually meet the 730 days then you have nothing to worry about.
Please no what if ands or buts until you return nobody knows.
Old Jun 3rd 2020, 8:38 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

What if you arrive at an airport that has electronic entry like Calgary where you just scan your card and there you don't even present anything to border control anymore..surely if you didnt leave the country for 730 days thereafter you are golden?