PR Card Renewal

Old Nov 15th 2014, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Yandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the rough
Default PR Card Renewal

So, the current processing time for a renewal of a PR card is 177 days, and it seems to be increasing. In the instruction guide it states that any applications sent more than 180 before the current card expires will be returned. At present this give me a whole 3 day window in which to submit my application so that I have a chance of getting the new card before the current one expires. If the processing times get much longer (which seems likely) there will be no chance of getting the new card in time.

My current card expires in about 8 months, so I have an interest in these timings. I'm curious whether any of the older hands on this forum recall this happening before, and if so how it was dealt with.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 9:53 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Card Renewal

Originally Posted by Yandros
So, the current processing time for a renewal of a PR card is 177 days, and it seems to be increasing. In the instruction guide it states that any applications sent more than 180 before the current card expires will be returned. At present this give me a whole 3 day window in which to submit my application so that I have a chance of getting the new card before the current one expires. If the processing times get much longer (which seems likely) there will be no chance of getting the new card in time.

My current card expires in about 8 months, so I have an interest in these timings. I'm curious whether any of the older hands on this forum recall this happening before, and if so how it was dealt with.
Why are you so bothered about that? The card is just a card. As long as you do the 2/5 residency you're still a PR.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Yandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the rough

Because I may need to go to the UK at short notice and I'd prefer to come back with an unexpired PR card.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 10:17 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yandros
Because I may need to go to the UK at short notice and I'd prefer to come back with an unexpired PR card.
Perhaps your anxiety would be alleviated by a quick glance at the sticky by JAJ at the top of this sub forum.

Worst case, you'd be stuck with flying AC.