PR card renewal

Old Oct 20th 2014, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of
Default PR card renewal

Wow - I haven't been here in AGES!!!

Have been living in Canada happily for years now. Now, we have to renew our PR cards, though, and I am just looking at all the paperwork I have to include.

I know it says it, but do they really want "Photocopies of all pages of all passports you held in the past five (5) years "? Seriously? And (quite possibly a dumb question), if so, even the empty pages (as it states all)?
Old Oct 20th 2014, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of
Default Re: PR card renewal

Sorry... also...

They want all absences from Canada (travel) in the past 5 years... Oh my... I used to travel back to the UK twice a year for the first 3 years, but can't remember the exact dates. What do I do?
Old Oct 20th 2014, 3:51 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCanes
Wow - I haven't been here in AGES!!!

Have been living in Canada happily for years now. Now, we have to renew our PR cards, though, and I am just looking at all the paperwork I have to include.

I know it says it, but do they really want "Photocopies of all pages of all passports you held in the past five (5) years "? Seriously? And (quite possibly a dumb question), if so, even the empty pages (as it states all)?
Yes - All pages of all passports are required. They do not know if they are blank pages until you send them in.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Yes - All pages of all passports are required. They do not know if they are blank pages until you send them in.
Ugh...

Thanks. 7 passports to do. Ugh...

Any advice on the travel dates? I have exact dates going back to 2011, but not sure for 2010 and 2009. All I have is the re-entry dates when I returned to Canada, as they don't stamp passports when you get to the UK.

Last edited by TheCanes; Oct 20th 2014 at 4:26 am.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 7:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh...

Thanks. 7 passports to do. Ugh...

Any advice on the travel dates? I have exact dates going back to 2011, but not sure for 2010 and 2009. All I have is the re-entry dates when I returned to Canada, as they don't stamp passports when you get to the UK.
Can you request the info from UK border agency? CBSA will provide entry information on request, but no clue about the UK.

I only needed to figure entry and exit dates between the US and Canada, but I was able to get the information via Freedom of Information requests, but again no idea if the UK does this or not.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

Yandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the rough

Don't want to hijack this thread, but I have an additional question on PR Card renewal.

One of my UK passports covering the period since I landed (Jun 2010) also covers quite a while before that. This time includes stamps not in English or French (eg we went to Peru on vacation in 2008, before we landed for PR purposes).

The CIC website states all passport stamps must be translated into English or French if they are not already in one of those languages. My question is does this apply to stamps that we entered in the passport before landing for PR.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yandros
Don't want to hijack this thread, but I have an additional question on PR Card renewal.

One of my UK passports covering the period since I landed (Jun 2010) also covers quite a while before that. This time includes stamps not in English or French (eg we went to Peru on vacation in 2008, before we landed for PR purposes).

The CIC website states all passport stamps must be translated into English or French if they are not already in one of those languages. My question is does this apply to stamps that we entered in the passport before landing for PR.
Good question, as my husbands passports also has stamps in it covering a period before he had PR. I just assumed that translation of those was not necessary, as they are not really relevant. Would be nice if someone knew, though.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 5:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Good question, as my husbands passports also has stamps in it covering a period before he had PR. I just assumed that translation of those was not necessary, as they are not really relevant. Would be nice if someone knew, though.
I totally missed they wanted the stamps translated. I had 1 from Mexico, but CIC never said anything and it didn't delay anything, but maybe they just translated it since it was just 1, or they just didn't care since it was outside the 5 year period?
Old Oct 21st 2014, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I totally missed they wanted the stamps translated. I had 1 from Mexico, but CIC never said anything and it didn't delay anything, but maybe they just translated it since it was just 1, or they just didn't care since it was outside the 5 year period?
Well, I would think they shouldn't really care when it is outside the 5 year period. Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Uhmmm... Sorry, but do I need to send my PR card, too? Maybe I should stop reading.
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

Uhmmm... Sorry, but do I need to send my PR card, too? Maybe I should stop reading.
You keep your old PR card until you get your new one. Then you destroy it.

Sometimes they ask you to pick up your new PR card. In that case you will hand in your old PR card at this time.

Occasionally they may ask you to one of their offices to provide additional information/documentation. they will ask you to show your old PR cade when you go in.
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza69 is an unknown quantity at this point

I to would like to know this as I have stamps from Egypt and Jordan which are outside the 5 year period....If they were needed who would I get to translate them and where would I find a person to do that....
Old Oct 24th 2014, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: PR card renewal - further questions

On line 19 on the PR card renewal, it asks for address history... I obviously write the 'From' date, but can I just write 'Present' in the 'To' field? Or do I have to put the date when I'm filling in this form?

And the same goes for work history.

Sorry for sounding dumb.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 4:01 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Present works.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you. Jim.

Also, can all family members' applications be sent together, or do they have to go in separate envelopes?