PR Card Query

Old Jan 28th 2010, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

stuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nice
Question PR Card Query

Hi all,

Im hoping to land next Wednesday in Vancouver jsut to activate PR then return a few days later.
I understand i can apply for my PR card free at the POE and it is free - is this correct?

Also do i need to provide photos for the card?

Cheers, Stuart
Old Jan 29th 2010, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Default Re: PR Card Query

Hi,

When you land you will be asked to produce the COPR paperwork, hand that over and you will be asked for an address for them to post the card to, it can take between 8-10 weeks at the moment, well that is what the guy told me.. There is no fee for obtaining your PR Card as you will have already paid for it via the fees before...

I have read your previous posts and im not sure if your aware or not but you can land activate your PR and then in theory get back on the next flight to the UK if you need to return urgently....

Hope this helps.

MR79
Old Jan 29th 2010, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

stuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nice

Thanks MR79 - no need for additional photos then?

Stuart
Old Jan 29th 2010, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

I wasnt asked for any as my picture on the COPR matched what i look like now, i guess if your appearance has changed from the pic on the COPR then take some spare photos if not leave it...

Also if you are landing at Vancouver then once you come down the stairs before the line up for immigration, after the coming down the stairs turn right and follow the signs to immigration, go straight through the queue to the end and there will be a desk where an employee will go through all the information with you then once finished queue up and activate your PR...Otherwise you will need to queue with all other tourists and explain you are landing then will be directed to the same office that i told you about....When i came down the stairs i noticed the sign and followed that straight to the correct dept....