PR card process

Old Feb 17th 2021, 1:34 am
Just Joined

Dave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR card process

Hello guys.
Wife and I received our PR status Oct 21st 2020. When and how will we get our PR card issued?
I'm sure it said some where that it would be posted out to us withn 108 days or so, is this due to the current pandemic or will we have to apply for it?
We have now been waiting nearly 120 days now and no sign of our cards yet.
Old Feb 17th 2021, 2:07 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR card process

They won’t post them outside of Canada (I think)
Old Feb 17th 2021, 2:09 am
Just Joined

Dave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond reputeDave99ok has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike View Post
They won’t post them outside of Canada (I think)
but I'm in Canada, I've never left the country in 30mths🤣
Old Feb 17th 2021, 3:53 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave99ok View Post
Hello guys.
Wife and I received our PR status Oct 21st 2020. When and how will we get our PR card issued?
I'm sure it said some where that it would be posted out to us withn 108 days or so, is this due to the current pandemic or will we have to apply for it?
Hello!

Congrats on becoming PR's

Check your mailing address is correct on MyCIC.. and see if there are any updates on your account.. you don't have to apply for the card (it's automatic) but they may have asked you to upload a photo..

Checking the website they mention that they weren't doing 'inland landing interviews' (due to Covid) - and say that you can use the letter they sent you to confirm your PR status for ID etc., and that it will take longer than normal for the issuance of PR cards.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...pplicants.html

When we finalize your application, we’ll send you an official letter. While you wait for your permanent resident card (PR card), you can use this letter to
  • prove you’re a permanent resident of Canada, and
  • apply for benefits and services you’re eligible for
(other info about PR cards..... and then...
It may take longer than usual for us to issue your PR card.
The website says 88 days for 1st time PR cards, so you could in theory contact them.. using the link in the quote below..

If it’s been longer than the time shown above since you applied, check your application status. If you don’t see an update, contact us using the Web form.
Old Feb 17th 2021, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave99ok View Post
Hello guys.
Log in to your account and send a Case Specific Enquiry. When one one of my kids cards didn't turn after about the same amount of time you have been waiting I sent a CSE and they replied the next day asking for new photos. In the end the card took about 7 months in total!
Old Feb 17th 2021, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Well guys thanks for the info. Seems I missed changing my mailing address when we moved out to BC, I changed home address but never updated my mailing address. I have rectified that now and also filled out a web form. Hopefully get word back soon.
I also contacted my old landlord to check for any goverment mail.

Fingers crossed.