Pr Card Problem

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Pr Card Problem

Hi everybody.

It has been quite a few days since i have posted here.

As many of you may know, I landed in december, stayed in toronto and left after a weeks time. My decision to leave toronto after a few days stay is because i have not been relived from my work and have not yet received my dues. I am been requested to continue to work for a place for a further period of 6 to 8 months.

I had given an address of my friend to the officials to which my PR card was to be sent. But a few days back, my friend received a letter, which states the photographs are not correct and that a new photo is required, and i have to appear in person.

from earlier posting in this forum, I have understood that if i do not appear, then i would not get my PR card. But i could always get a fresh COPR to return to canada later.

BUT - certain wordings used in the letter is giving me a worries.

"Dear Client

bla bla bla---------

Therefore a new photo is required withen 180days of receipt of this letter, with no exceptions. "

The words "with no exceptions" worries me. Does this mean that i would loose my status as a PR, or does this just mean that i would not get a PR card for now.

Thanks

regs
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 3:27 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pr Card Problem

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
Hi everybody.

As many of you may know, I landed in december, stayed in toronto and left after a weeks time. My decision to leave toronto after a few days stay is because i have not been relived from my work and have not yet received my dues. I am been requested to continue to work for a place for a further period of 6 to 8 months.

I had given an address of my friend to the officials to which my PR card was to be sent. But a few days back, my friend received a letter, which states the photographs are not correct and that a new photo is required, and i have to appear in person.

from earlier posting in this forum, I have understood that if i do not appear, then i would not get my PR card. But i could always get a fresh COPR to return to canada later.

BUT - certain wordings used in the letter is giving me a worries.

"Dear Client

bla bla bla---------

Therefore a new photo is required withen 180days of receipt of this letter, with no exceptions. "

The words "with no exceptions" worries me. Does this mean that i would loose my status as a PR, or does this just mean that i would not get a PR card for now.

Thanks

regs
Hi Reg, we landed around the same time as you. I've read here that if they are not happy with the pics you have they take new ones there and then...i'm not sure why they didn't do this for you

If i were you i'd book a flight
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:19 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Hi Reg, we landed around the same time as you. I've read here that if they are not happy with the pics you have they take new ones there and then...i'm not sure why they didn't do this for you

If i were you i'd book a flight
If the OP doesn't appear within 180 days the card will be returned to Sydney, once s/he returns to Canada (if from non visa exempt country) will need a travel visa, s/he will just have to apply for a new Pr card, wait the 73 days and pick it up at CIC in person.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

We too had a letter stating our photographs were not acceptable as they were 'overexposed'. They have been fine every step of the way as we have used the same photographs on everything. It didn't mention anything about us having to be there in person though We got new photographs done and sent them off... still waiting to hear that the new pics are ok.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:42 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody.

What do you mean by that? Are you being forced to remain working somewhere, especially without pay? (indentured service?)
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:32 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

This happens from time to time and is not unusual. The final word on the quality lies with the PR card issuing office. And, they do insist that you appear within 6 months in Canada for a retake at the local CIC. If you can get to the USA you can travel by land to Canada using the visa in your passport as proof of prior landing and then comply with their request. If not you are out of luck
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 5:36 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
This happens from time to time and is not unusual. The final word on the quality lies with the PR card issuing office. And, they do insist that you appear within 6 months in Canada for a retake at the local CIC. If you can get to the USA you can travel by land to Canada using the visa in your passport as proof of prior landing and then comply with their request. If not you are out of luck
Just to add to Jim's statement, a lot of the problem is with the photo booth photos which although the right size, they have a tendency to fade and are unusable by Sydney.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
What do you mean by that? Are you being forced to remain working somewhere, especially without pay? (indentured service?)
Hi,

Sorry, for the delay in replying. I am being paid for the work done. But my resignation has not been approved. "Dues" - means the money that i am supposed to get like gratuity etc are pending. Hence my relutance to leave.

They have requested me to continue. The options i have is to go to the labour court, which might some time to process.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi,

I am a little confused.

I need a visa to enter canada. I am not visa except.

From what i understand from other threads, I would be required to apply for a travel document to reenter canada. ( now that i dont have the PR card ). Is this the case?

If i am unable to appear in person withen the specified 180days, is it just that i would have to re-apply for a pr card? hope that my status as a landed immigrant would not get affected. are there any other legal complications?

regs
Old Jan 24th 2009, 3:13 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

hi,

I am a little confused.

I need a visa to enter canada. I am not visa except.

From what i understand from other threads, I would be required to apply for a travel document to reenter canada. ( now that i dont have the PR card ). Is this the case?

If i am unable to appear in person withen the specified 180days, is it just that i would have to re-apply for a pr card? hope that my status as a landed immigrant would not get affected. are there any other legal complications?

regs
1. Yes you would need a travel document although only if traveling by commercial carrier, you could do it without one from the US if you were driving.
2. After 180 days without an appearance you would have to apply for a new PR card. It doesn't effect your PR residence requirements.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

thank you