Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

PR Card(PNP Ontario),can I relocate to BC?

PR Card(PNP Ontario),can I relocate to BC?

Old Jan 6th 2015, 8:27 am
Just Joined

sidhuinoslo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Card(PNP Ontario),can I relocate to BC?

Hi Pals

Got quick question, I received PR under Ontario PNP, and got PR card and have landed (COPR /Landing Papers) through Toronto Airport and currently living in Toronto. I have OHIP card from Ontario, and SIN card (I believe is National). Now I would like to relocate to BC. My questions are:

Can I do this?
Am I not breaching anything, here?
Will this not create any problem during PR card renewal time?
I might consider to come back to Ontario in near future, but not 100% sure

Thanks once again for your time
Old Jan 6th 2015, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Card(PNP Ontario),can I relocate to BC?

Legally you can move once you become PR however some might view this as abuse of the system as you were sponsored by Ontario.
Why are you wanting to move to BC? If BC was the province you wanted to live in why didn't you go through the BC PNP?
Im not sure if Ontario along with CIC could revoke your PR status if they could prove misrepresentation by yourself.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Legally you can move once you become PR however some might view this as abuse of the system as you were sponsored by Ontario.
Why are you wanting to move to BC? If BC was the province you wanted to live in why didn't you go through the BC PNP?
Im not sure if Ontario along with CIC could revoke your PR status if they could prove misrepresentation by yourself.
Thanks for quick reply

I originally wanted to live in Toronto, and you never know when circumstances change, as in this case.

Actually I have received better Job offer from BC, than I am currently doing at Toronto

I have read the Pros and Cons of swapping province, that is why I asked this question in forum to reconfirm.

Old Jan 6th 2015, 9:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused, in your previous posts you say you applied under FSW, so which is it?
Old Jan 6th 2015, 9:31 am
Just Joined

I originally applied as FSW, then due to Pre 2007 back log reduction Pilot program, (to reduce pre 2007 Queue) I was given PNP nomination offer which I accepted and applied under PNP Ontario
Hope have clear myself now
Old Jan 6th 2015, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

When did you become a PR in Ontario? If you have been here several years then you will be ok. If you had just landed several months ago then thats what I was referring to.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 9:41 am
Just Joined

just about 13 months ago
Old Jan 6th 2015, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

IMHO all PNP applicants or those sponsored under any PNP should have to sign a 2 year contract with the province or territory that nominated them. If within that 2 years they move provinces then their PR status is revoked and they get sent back home.
If they can do this to new spouses then why not PNP applicants?
Far too much abuse of the PNP stream by immigrants trying to find an easy way into Canada who have no desire to stay in the province that went to the trouble to nominate them.
A better job in another province is NOT justification.
Rant over.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Thanks for clarification, will plan to stay in Ontario then for 11 more months then
Du you mind share the link of above to read in details
Old Jan 6th 2015, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

thistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you check with Canada immigration - surely they could give you the correct answer. Why give up a better paying job if you don't have to?
Old Jan 6th 2015, 9:58 am
Just Joined

I am reading similar
Changing Province after approuved PNP
Old Jan 6th 2015, 1:58 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute

You're free to live anywhere in Canada that pleases you. Situations change, especially in the current economic climate, and you should not be impeded in pursuing the best possible life for you and your family.

It's not like you got your PNP PR yesterday and jumped province. Go for it. There is no legal impediment stopping you. Just the morality police located on a far flung website in the middle of cyber-nowhere.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 4:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sidhuinoslo
I originally applied as FSW, then due to Pre 2007 back log reduction Pilot program, (to reduce pre 2007 Queue) I was given PNP nomination offer which I accepted and applied under PNP Ontario
Hope have clear myself now
Fair enough, although that's completely different to what you've said before when you stated you'd got COPR and landed as a FSW (http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad.../#post11471515). Obviously that would make a big difference to your options, hence why I asked.

Originally Posted by sidhuinoslo
just about 13 months ago
But again, according to your previous posts, you've hadn't actually lived in Canada in November? You landed and returned to Australia straight away? So you can only have lived in Canada for 2 months max and that's not great. If you'd lived in ON for a while (say a year), made a good effort to settle there and then moved, no problem.

But the fact that you've Only lived there for a few weeks before moving could be an issue - if CIC suspect you obtained your PR fraudulently by being nominated by a province you never intended to live in, they could revoke your PR for misrepresentation.

So imo, you need to stay in ON for a good chunk of time, attempt to make a life there and only move on once you've done so.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 6th 2015 at 4:20 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys
Got the point now
Old Jan 7th 2015, 11:12 am
is awesome

catpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud ofcatpea33 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
IMHO all PNP applicants or those sponsored under any PNP should have to sign a 2 year contract with the province or territory that nominated them. If within that 2 years they move provinces then their PR status is revoked and they get sent back home.
If they can do this to new spouses then why not PNP applicants?
Far too much abuse of the PNP stream by immigrants trying to find an easy way into Canada who have no desire to stay in the province that went to the trouble to nominate them.
A better job in another province is NOT justification.
Rant over.
I'm going to have to offer the other side. I was sponsored by Quebec and I'm not there right now. I didn't have a job (was made redundant) and those on here who know me and work in my industry (mining) will also back me up when I say the job situation is awful. I moved to Ontario as soon as I got a job offer (6-month contract but hoping it'll go full-time next month). By your reckoning, my PR should now be revoked, just because I was a victim of crap commodity prices and was ineligible for EI.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.