PR Card - Picture Retake

Old Dec 4th 2011, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

jelcan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR Card - Picture Retake

We landed on July 14th and after 2 months just me and youngest daughter received our PR Cards. I called CIC, and after another month, we received the PR Card for our oldest daughter. Only wife's card is missing.

Called again, they told me to wait for another 15 days for an answer. Finally received it and stated that she needed to retake her picture (strange, as we all took the picture at the same place before landing).

So, do we need to go to a professional photo studio or can we go to a Walmart photo studio (not saying that Walmart is unprofessional )?

I went to our local Walmart and the lady told us she has taken lots of PR card pictures and she knows the requirements (they had a long line with people taking passport picture, which are different of course).

Those of you who needed to retake the picture, where did you go?

We live in Kitchener-Waterloo area.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 5:43 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Card - Picture Retake

Originally Posted by jelcan
We landed on July 14th and after 2 months just me and youngest daughter received our PR Cards. I called CIC, and after another month, we received the PR Card for our oldest daughter. Only wife's card is missing.

Called again, they told me to wait for another 15 days for an answer. Finally received it and stated that she needed to retake her picture (strange, as we all took the picture at the same place before landing).

So, do we need to go to a professional photo studio or can we go to a Walmart photo studio (not saying that Walmart is unprofessional )?

I went to our local Walmart and the lady told us she has taken lots of PR card pictures and she knows the requirements (they had a long line with people taking passport picture, which are different of course).

Those of you who needed to retake the picture, where did you go?

We live in Kitchener-Waterloo area.
I just had mine retaken yesterday, at the local Superstore. They do just a good job as any professional place and at a much smaller cost.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Card - Picture Retake

We had our pics taken at Shoppers Drugmart. They guaranteed that if the pics were sent back for any reason, they retake them again for free.