PR card photo...why me

Old Aug 18th 2010, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

vash2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR card photo...why me

Hi all,would like to know if anyone had this experience.After landing in april,my family received their PR cards in June except me,so i waited still no response,i eventually called and the call centre advised me that due to a glare in my glasses in the photo, it was not acceptable and i should wait for further instructions by letter.
I have had to return to the UK to tie up several things,so i appointed a relative as a representative to call on my behalf to follw up,after several calls by him, in august i finally received a letter asking me to come within 180 days to have my photo re-taken.
Thing is, i can't return to canada until may next year due to personal things that has to be taken care of.
If anyone has been in this situation i would love to know how to handle it,as they have stated in their letter i need to be there in person without exception.
thanks
Old Aug 18th 2010, 6:37 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR card photo...why me

The mistake was you should have been asked to remove your glasses for the photo - I'm guessing that was the issue....
Old Aug 18th 2010, 6:43 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

you will have to reapply when you retrun if they let you back in .. and you will have to pay for that card and probably wait another 6 months for it to arrive thereafter
Old Aug 18th 2010, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

voyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the rough

Why me too? Think we need to form a support group. My photo didn't meet spec either - they didn't say why.

I've asked on here and got some info and contacted the London High Commission. Outcome - All PR cards are processed in Canada. I have to truck up in person within 180 days. I'm going to apply for travel docs to get back into Canada as a resident, (I could return as a visitor but am too much of a wimp.) I'm hoping to go back by November just to sort out the PR card and return to the UK as we cannot move over for a short while yet.

I have read that you have to pay for your PR card if you miss the 180 day deadline and the wait for the PR card can be up to 200 days!

Good luck with your situation.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

and me lol. there have been loads of threads like this. the other four taken on the same day, by the same official blinking photographer were fine. cards rec'd.

mine? oh, no. get another photo taken. your file has been transferred to outer mongolia. when we get your new picture we'll get your file back and see if there's any other way we can lengthen the process for you. ah well. after nearly four years i'd be disappointed if the wait was over.

wouldn't i?

so, don't be feeling special...

Last edited by debbiem; Aug 19th 2010 at 1:16 am. Reason: typo
Old Aug 19th 2010, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

thank you all for the reply, its just frustrating that i was not asked to remove my glasses, they should be the experienced ones in knowing this.
Anyway, Voyce, what was the number to contact the london high commission? Also Does anyone know how long it takes to get a travel document? do i have to make an appt and do i get it the same day?

i'm also trying to weigh the cost of a flight to canada plus a travel document this year against applying for the PR card after the 180 days ( when i fully migrate).

If i can't make it within the time frame, i guess i have to apply for a travel doc, and re apply for the PR card only when i arrive ..right? My files and application to become a resident stays intact..right?

Voyce good luck with yours as well.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 2:10 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

It costs $50 to re-apply for the card once you are back in Canada..its just the long protracted wait thereafter that is worse.
Old Aug 20th 2010, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

voyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the roughvoyce100 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by vash2009
thank you all for the reply, its just frustrating that i was not asked to remove my glasses, they should be the experienced ones in knowing this.
Anyway, Voyce, what was the number to contact the london high commission? Also Does anyone know how long it takes to get a travel document? do i have to make an appt and do i get it the same day?

i'm also trying to weigh the cost of a flight to canada plus a travel document this year against applying for the PR card after the 180 days ( when i fully migrate).

If i can't make it within the time frame, i guess i have to apply for a travel doc, and re apply for the PR card only when i arrive ..right? My files and application to become a resident stays intact..right?

Voyce good luck with yours as well.
Hi Vash, I emailed London:

"[email protected]"

and phoned a number in Canada PMM gave: +1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)

Good Luck!
Old Aug 21st 2010, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the info voyce! really appreciate it.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

mykonso82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, I'm in the same situation - received a letter to say my photo did not meet the specification. If I do not return to submit a new picture in 180 days, will my PR residency be withdrawn? Do I have to reapply for PR again and wait for another 3-4 years?

Or do I just need to reapply for a new card and pay $50 after the 180 days grace period? Can someone share the info as I'm sick of flying back to Canada after returning in Jun 10. Thanks
Old Aug 28th 2010, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, my understanding is that if you do not present yourself within the 180 day period, you will have to apply for a travel document to gain entry to canada when you are ready to migrate and re-apply for the PRcard ONLY-you do not lose residency status--as such wait another 6 months or something like that for your PR card.
If the above is incorrect,hopefully someone from the forum will correct me.
Good luck
Old Aug 29th 2010, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

This happened to my OH - I received my PR card, he got a letter to say that they weren't happy with the photos. Letter asked for new photos to be delivered or posted (in our case, to Calgary), which we did and PR arrived 3 weeks later.

Hope this helps.

Poppit
Old Aug 29th 2010, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Poppit
This happened to my OH - I received my PR card, he got a letter to say that they weren't happy with the photos. Letter asked for new photos to be delivered or posted (in our case, to Calgary), which we did and PR arrived 3 weeks later.

Hope this helps.

Poppit
So, Poppit, were you living in Calgary and everything was done within Canada or had you moved back to the UK and PR posted to an address in Canada? If you were back in the UK who did you contact to be able to have photos posted rather than do a trip over to Canada? Thank you.

Ah just woken up and see that you are living in Canada.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, we are in Canada now, however, PR card arrived whilst we were in the Uk to a friend's address. We arrived on a one way ticket without PR cards and did not get a travel document. My OH letter stated he could go in person with the photos or mail them. We decided to wait until we arrived in Canada before sorting the photos out and just handed them in at the office in Calgary. However, anyone could have handed them in for him because no one checked who he was, he literally just handed the photos and the letter in and walked away.

Your letter may be different so just do what it says on the letter and good luck.

Poppit
Old Oct 7th 2010, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

hey guys,i wrote to the office in canada about the scenario so just waiting on a response,but i also appointed a family memeber as a representative to make enquiries if he could drop in the photos.
Voyce..have you decided what to do? flights to cad are just too expensive so i may just wait till we migrate fully and then apply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.