Wikiposts

PR CARD PHOTO RETAKE!

Old Nov 7th 2010, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

vash2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR CARD PHOTO RETAKE!

BJg, I also just read your reply and it;s something I might attempt. Can you kindly advise me how I can order this supplementary form?
thanks
Old Nov 7th 2010, 7:34 pm
bjg
Forum Regular

bjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant futurebjg has a brilliant future

Hi Vash,

We received a letter from our local CIC office (Kelowna), saying to use the attached IMM 5455 form. There was NO attached form! So we had to apply for the form on line. You can't download it.
However it looks as though not all offices are prepared to use this form. Surprise surprise!

Also as I said in my original response, we "tweaked" the truth and implied we were still in Canada, and that we had a good friend forwarding our post to us in England.

I guess the bottom line is, if they haven't sent you a copy of the form then it's unlikely you'll be able to send one in.

If you go to the CIC website and using the search function at the top of the page type in IM5455, you'll find the link for applying for the form. It may be worth giving it a shot, you never know.......

Good luck

bjg
Old Nov 16th 2010, 8:43 am
Just Joined

dangerdk is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly the same has happened to my family... we had the photos for me, my wife and little boy done all at the same time & place and seemed to be exactly to the spec.

My PR application was the only one in which the photo was accepted and I received my card, my wife and son's were rejected!

Just like Essex Lady, we're back in the UK as we're using my Dad's address in Ontario. We're not planning to move permanently until next July so won't be able to get into the office (the letter states they must attend the office in person within 6 months of the date of the letter).

Am I right in saying that we can literally just go back to Canada on our UK passports and then my wife and son re-apply for the PR card? We don't lose the PR status that we waited over 4 years for??!! The letter kind of reads that their application will be closed if they do not attend the office within the 6 months, which worryingly sounds like the whole immigration application is trashed.

What's the process to re-apply once we're there again, which form do we have to complete and then do we simply go to the Citizen & Immigration office with the form and the new photos?

Can someone help clarify this for me?
Old Nov 16th 2010, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

james_smith99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The 180 days refers to expiry of the original application for a PR card. It is possible to come later, but within the time necessary to meet the 2 years out of 5 rule for retaining PR status and then apply for a PR card. Note that the card is not needed for entry to Canada if you are from a visitor-visa exempt country such as the UK. It is for the use of airline companies that would use it to determine whether you will be admitted to Canada on arrival.
Jim (or anyone else for that matter), so is it only the application for the card thats affected and not the PR status itself ? Obviously if thats the case then all of us affected can wait till the time we were going to go permanently and just get the new card then, just wish I could speak to someone in an official position to get this confirmed.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Essex Lady is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like quite a few of us have the same issue.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a phone number or email that we could use from outside of Canada to give us official confirmation of this issue? I have tried the Call Centre number several times but never get through to a real person, despite trying a variety of options and times to call.

It's frustrating to wait so long for something and then still not be quite sure if you are there.....
Old Nov 16th 2010, 10:32 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I am helping friends with the posting of PR card thing, but their letter from NS Immigration enclosed the form and allows them to post in the new photo's with the form that they posted,rather than go in person, seems as each province is doing different things.

As the rest of my friends PR cards were posted here, we are keeping it the same and she will post me the new photos to then send to immigration from here, wait for the new pr card to be posted to me then send them all on to her!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Essex Lady
Looks like quite a few of us have the same issue.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a phone number or email that we could use from outside of Canada to give us official confirmation of this issue? I have tried the Call Centre number several times but never get through to a real person, despite trying a variety of options and times to call.

It's frustrating to wait so long for something and then still not be quite sure if you are there.....
Hi guys, wish granted....

If you are not in Canada, the no. is +1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)
Old Nov 16th 2010, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. What a long list of options!! Will try it later on today and see how I get on.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

vash2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the number ! I called and spoke to an agent who said that the status is not affected.

The exisiting PR card application is destroyed and you make a new PR card application when you arrive after the 180 days, which will go through the normal waiting process as a new PR application..( they are still processing applications from March i understand)

To bear in mind is that to get a travel document will depend on if you meet the residency requirements ( i.e 2years out of 5 year).

Good luck to everyone.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 12:27 am
Just Joined

Success!

Just before Christmas we wrote a letter to Vancouver explaining our situation (that we could not get to Vancouver within the 6 month period for a photo re-take and that we are now back in England), enclosed new photos taken from by a local photo shop and a copy of our son's passport/COPR form and visa in his passport. We asked that they consider our case and accept the photos by post..........and yesterday our friend in Vancouver confirmed that she has just received his new PR card in the post.

So even though the letter to us said there were no exceptions to going to Vancouver in person, clearly there are and we are very grateful for this.

Hope this gives some hope to others in the same position.

Old Jan 30th 2011, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Success!

Just before Christmas we wrote a letter to Vancouver explaining our situation (that we could not get to Vancouver within the 6 month period for a photo re-take and that we are now back in England), enclosed new photos taken from by a local photo shop and a copy of our son's passport/COPR form and visa in his passport. We asked that they consider our case and accept the photos by post..........and yesterday our friend in Vancouver confirmed that she has just received his new PR card in the post.

So even though the letter to us said there were no exceptions to going to Vancouver in person, clearly there are and we are very grateful for this.

Hope this gives some hope to others in the same position.

Thats excellent news! I have been worrying about this because the photos we used were photo booth pics - we are hoping to land in May, but only settling in Canada once our house has sold.

Glad it has all worked out - and thanks for returning to let us know.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

petesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nice

Hello,

Is that also the phone number to ring to ask about your card if you have'nt received it and it's past the processing time on the website?
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:09 am
Just Joined

Yes I believe that is the number for any queries - but it takes a lot of time and patience to get through (seem to recall the message when you are put on hold is that Thursdays and Fridays are less busy!). Shame there isn't a fax number or email address.

Old Jan 31st 2011, 4:47 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yes I believe that is the number for any queries - but it takes a lot of time and patience to get through (seem to recall the message when you are put on hold is that Thursdays and Fridays are less busy!). Shame there isn't a fax number or email address.

1. Personally I think that Essex Lady got a break for not having to attend the CIC for the PR card, is because it was a child's whose pictures were not acceptable. I could be wrong.
2. To phone CIC Call Centre from overseas, here is the no. and how to bypass the messages.

+1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

petesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nice

Hello,

Tried that number got through to Trade Canada, bloke on the other end said you got the wrong number, anyone got the phone number off the 'Keep this letter Safe' letter

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.